Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Hi. I am trying to put a kayfun on a new provari and I periodically get error 13. That isn't in the manual. What does that indicate?

Doug
I'm pretty sure that's an error E1. Turn it over, sweetheart....lol

The E1 and E2 errors appear when you are running the voltage too high for the resistance of your atomizer/cartomizer. The E8 tends to be a chain reaction to this. Here is what our manual says about these errors:

E1 - Short Circuit / Shorted Atomizer - If this error appears, remove the atomizer and replace with a different one or lower your voltage settings. The ProVari will automatically reset when the problem is fixed.

E2 - Current Limit Exceeded - If this error appears, lower the voltage on the device or use a higher resistance atomizer. Once the problem has been fixed, the ProVari will reset itself.

E8 - Converter has detected a fault - Contact ProVape if this persists.

Now, since the voltage was running too high, the converter did detect a fault because the amperage was being pushed past it's limit.

Here is a link to our manual which shows the features of the ProVari and the error codes on the last page: http://www.provape.com/v/images/ProVariManual.pdf

What I would suggest, when you go to use your ProVari, is to use the Ao mode on the ProVari to read the actual ohms of the atty you are using. The ProVari is extremely accurate in reading resistances. I would then consult this safe vaping chart which shows the best voltage settings to use for whatever resistance your atty/carto may be: http://imageshack.us/f/689/unled66.jpg/

Also, please note that resistance will drop in a cart or atty when it heats up, runs dry or gets old. If the cart is getting too hot, the resistance will drop and that will increase the wattage output, possibly into a dangerous level which will cause the ProVari to shut down and throw an error. This is one reason why you need to keep the carts moist as the liquid acts as a coolant for the heating element.

The ProVari can handle up to 14.5 watts. However, if the resistance drops and the voltage stays the same, the watts also increase.

For example: a 2.0 ohm cart at 5v runs at 12.5 watts of energy. If the cart's resistance drops to 1.5 ohms as its getting heated (which is very easy and possible to do), the watts suddenly increase to 16.67 which is more than the ProVari can handle so it will throw an error.

dherrington

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Yep, I think most people that own a Provari has had a Error 13 duhh moment as some pont....finger pointing at myself.

You know I like to think i am reasonably intelligent but it never occurred to me to turn it over. Feel a little dumb now. LOL Thanks for clearing that up.

Doug

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I don't have a Provari but can easily imagine reading it as 13, 50/50 chance at it.

We weren't laughing at the confusion but rather the answer. No offense intended to the OP at all!
I was trying to not make him embarrassed.

You guys are awful....lol

Kellysleep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lynchburg,VA,USA
I'm sure we all have made those mistakes before. Last night my husband handed me my batteries off the charger and was putting them in my battery box and I'm freaking out cause there was only three in there and one in my mini ( I only have four batteries ) and for five min I'm freaking out that I missed placed one cause I only had four.........my husband then reminds me yes you have four I said I know I have three in the box and in my mini but I'm missing one.......then it hit my doh I died laughing so hard! So yes we all have our moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread