Status
Not open for further replies.

onename

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Brantford, Ontario
Hello all ProVari, users..

Mine came in last night and I'm in bliss but still wanting more (go figure). What I mean is I am using the Boge 2ohms on it and can dial it up to 3.5 beyond that not so good. Have some SR coming so will see what they will be like.

Find the device extremely easy to operate and love the functions on the ProVari, very well made and enjoyable.

The battery charger that came with it has me a bit puzzled as I put the two bats in and of course both bottom red lights came on, then after a period the light on bat chamber one turned green but the one on the right remained red. So I switched bats from right chamber to left chamber and showed green on that too, hmmmmm puzzled on that one as I would think that the charger ProVape sent with the unit would illuminate green on both chambers when charged, perhaps green/red means both done idk..

Looking also for an adapter to fit the eGo on the 510 ID thread, I see that Provape has and now wishing I saw this before I ordered as coming from USA to Canada for 9.00 plus shipping kinda silly and a huge oversight on my part. If anyone knows a Canadian vendor they can suggest for this adapter then please mention.

I also see that most are using the tank systems on the ProVari. I'm still leaning on the Boges, but would like to dial it up..

Cheers!

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
If you're only at 3.5v on a 2ohm Boge, you have it waaaaay down.
That is only 6 watts. Go to 4-4.1v, which gives you 8 watts
and you will see how that Boge really performs. Remember that
cartos want to be fully wet so maybe that explains why you're getting
a bad vape at a higher voltage.
As far as the charger is concerned, yes, they should go green when the
individual battery in the specific chamber is fully charged.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You have a dual channel charger. The one that reaches 4.2v first will turn green and the other will turn green when it reaches 4.2v. I've seen the same thing on an eGo charger when you take it off when it's red and then put it back on. After reinstalling it on the charger, the charger turns green. I think maybe you force it into initialization and evaluation of the charge level or maybe it's just coincidence. I'm not sure how the firmware in a charger works when you first put it on as opposed to mid stream charge checking.

onename

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Brantford, Ontario
If you're only at 3.5v on a 2ohm Boge, you have it waaaaay down.
That is only 6 watts. Go to 4-4.1v, which gives you 8 watts
and you will see how that Boge really performs. Remember that
cartos want to be fully wet so maybe that explains why you're getting
a bad vape at a higher voltage.
As far as the charger is concerned, yes, they should go green when the
individual battery in the specific chamber is fully charged.

Well I just dialed it up to 4.1v and find that the vape is "harsh" for lack of better words and a lot warmer vape as well, guess my fear is burning the coil as the ProVari will come up with the E2 error if too high correct?

As for the charger.... Both bats showed charged when I changed into chamber one, suppose I can fire off an email to Ken and ask what the deal is on the charger before I explode the AW's

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
Well I just dialed it up to 4.1v and find that the vape is "harsh" for lack of better words and a lot warmer vape as well, guess my fear is burning the coil as the ProVari will come up with the E2 error if too high correct?

The e2 fault will prevent you from burning anything because that's the
failsafe of the provari. It won't send power if it detects that your atty
or carto can't handle it.
Is your nic content high?
Have you made sure that your carto is fully wet?

onename

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Brantford, Ontario
The e2 fault will prevent you from burning anything because that's the
failsafe of the provari. It won't send power if it detects that your atty
or carto can't handle it.
Is your nic content high?
Have you made sure that your carto is fully wet?

Nic is 24, yes cart is always wet and topped up. I find 3.5 good first thing in morning then as day goes on can increase upward but no higher than 4v as then the TH is just too much for me, and of course anything over 4.3v the vape is just too warm for me..

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
Nic is 24, yes cart is always wet and topped up. I find 3.5 good first thing in morning then as day goes on can increase upward but no higher than 4v as then the TH is just too much for me, and of course anything over 4.3v the vape is just too warm for me..

The 24 nic explains it.
We have the same ritual. 3.5 in the morning then power up as the day matures.
And, yes, 4.3v on a 2ohm is 9watts of power and that will definitely get your attention
on 24 nic.
Also, your body may just be adjusting to less nic content. Try lower, say 18mg and see how
you react. Obviously, the less you go, the better. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I find the same thing on my vv mod. When I dial to what I consider the right vape voltage without looking, I usually end up at 3.7v give or take. If I crank it blind until it starts to get harsh and then look, then I'm above 4v when I check the voltage.

The juice you are vaping and the atomizer you are using can dictate lower or higher voltages. Some juices just need lower voltage and get harsh in a hurry when you go higher. Others need to be cranked to enhance flavor. Even on a 3 ohm atty, I rarely go over the high 4's on voltage. At 2 ohms, I'm usually in the 3.4v to 3.7v range ... no higher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread