Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
It's the GREY VAPER and I have been lucky enough to buy a Provari in The For Sale Section. I want to set this unit up with a Map tank and the correct Carto's I have no idea what is the best unit to buy or the correct carto's. I also have to buy batteries as well.
Apparently it comes with a extra end cap:blush:.
So I have the unit coming plus extra cap and I believe a battery charger coming but that's all. So I need to get the rest.
Can anyone help me set this beautiful unit correctly, I am a newbie so the least complicated the better.
Thank you

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
It took my getting a ProVari to get me totally off of tobacco cigs. I don't much like messin with nuttin. I've had great success using nothing but AW batteries. I get mine from Provape, (there's cheaper places, but I ain't cheap when it comes to batteries). I only use C-E2 XL based tanks, or the smallest I use is GotVapes Vision Extreme, (3.5 mL). Understand that I'm nowhere near being an "normal" or "average" vaper. I truly "Roll My Own". I DIY my own eLiquid. For the last month I've blended ZNic ZFA, Zero Nicotine Zero Flavor Added eLiquid. I buy my PG & VG in gallons. My juice cost per mL is out three decimals. Good Luck with your ProVari and your "Quit" if that's what your up too. After > than 52 years of smoking tobacco. . .I quit smoking accidentally. (Been 9 months since my last analog). But, it took an ProVari and larger quantity liquid containers to do it for me. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
I actually quit the first time I vaped with a 510, so I have been lucky it wasn't too hard. I smoked for 45 years so it was really surprising to find vaping was what I needed. So I am really setting myself up for lifetime vaping, hopefully.
It took my getting a ProVari to get me totally off of tobacco cigs. I don't much like messin with nuttin. I've had great success using nothing but AW batteries. I get mine from Provape, (there's cheaper places, but I ain't cheap when it comes to batteries). I only use C-E2 based tanks, or the smallest I use is GotVapes Vision Extreme. Understand that I'm nowhere near being an "normal" or "average" vaper. I truely "Roll My Own". I DIY my own eLiquid. For the last month I've blended ZNic ZFA, Zero Nicotine Zero Flavor Added eLiquid. I buy my PG & VG in gallons. My juice cost per mL is out three decimals. Good Luck with your ProVari and your "Quit" if that's what your up to. After > than 52 years of smoking tobacco. . .I quit smoking accidently. But, it took an ProVari and larger quantity liquid containers to do it for me. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

chopperguys

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
south jersey NJ USA
pv1setup.jpg

i think the 12$ xl tank from smoketek website with 2.5ohm dual cart at 5-5.5 volts works perfect and if it breaks then it was only 12 good luck you will love it

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
wOW, that's amazing .Thank you
I have just purchased the[ Chibi Tank and I will go and look at these as well. YahQUOTE=chopperguys;4832687]
pv1setup.jpg

i think the 12$ xl tank from smoketek website with 2.5ohm dual cart at 5-5.5 volts works perfect and if it breaks then it was only 12 good luck you will love it[/QUOTE]

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
SW WI
pv1setup.jpg

i think the 12$ xl tank from smoketek website with 2.5ohm dual cart at 5-5.5 volts works perfect and if it breaks then it was only 12 good luck you will love it

I feel better about the money I have spent on vaping now, I only have one provari

Been vaping since Aug 23, 2011 and no analogs-- two days left to make 4 months

CaptJR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
S. Central Pa
www.angelfire.com
It took my getting a ProVari to get me totally off of tobacco cigs. I don't much like messin with nuttin. I've had great success using nothing but AW batteries. I get mine from Provape, (there's cheaper places, but I ain't cheap when it comes to batteries). I only use C-E2 XL based tanks, or the smallest I use is GotVapes Vision Extreme, (3.5 mL). Understand that I'm nowhere near being an "normal" or "average" vaper. I truly "Roll My Own". I DIY my own eLiquid. For the last month I've blended ZNic ZFA, Zero Nicotine Zero Flavor Added eLiquid. I buy my PG & VG in gallons. My juice cost per mL is out three decimals. Good Luck with your ProVari and your "Quit" if that's what your up too. After > than 52 years of smoking tobacco. . .I quit smoking accidentally. (Been 9 months since my last analog). But, it took an ProVari and larger quantity liquid containers to do it for me. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

otrpu,
Any chance you could have a link to a good thread on how to DIY. Or maybe you could tell a little more about it. Sounds like you could give some good direction in this. Thank you.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
I have ordered Tanks and my only issue now is batteries. Eveywhere is charging heaps to send batteries to Australia which is making my "Great Purchase" not so cheap. Ah well we all learn.
I probably could have got a complete Provari kit new for the same price as getting everything separate. Well it looked a great deal till I looked into the battery issues which are not coming with the unit. Mind you I am pretty excited just to own a Provari.

chopperguys

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
south jersey NJ USA
Your right of course but I keep seeing new equipment I would love. What is the last mod in your pic Jeremy??

didn't see jeremy with any pics think u were looking at the pic i posted anyway left to right provari, provari, provape 1, and the Vmod from vapage.com its a bottom feed with a small bottle in it very nice after u learn to use it now they have a Vmod XL version that runs the same 18650 batts as the provari so I'm waiting for mine and there is a thread on both here with videos hope that helps

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
SW WI
didn't see jeremy with any pics think u were looking at the pic i posted anyway left to right provari, provari, provape 1, and the Vmod from vapage.com its a bottom feed with a small bottle in it very nice after u learn to use it now they have a Vmod XL version that runs the same 18650 batts as the provari so I'm waiting for mine and there is a thread on both here with videos hope that helps

What is just to the left of the first provari(extended end cap), it looks to be carbon fibre, is it just a holder for the provari?

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
Your right I was looking in the wrong post. I am after a Mod like yours that vapes at around 5v.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
What does the Extra Large Mod vape at??

chopperguys

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
south jersey NJ USA
as far as i know any combination of batts 3.7 and up to 6 checkout the thread on the vmodxl all the info and a video there I'm waiting for the postman today for my xl i can post a pic if you want when it comes

the 18650 battery is what vapage sells on the site same batt for the provari with ext cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread