Provari holder on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
I always did like the look of the block available on the Provape website, but never wanted to spend the money. (For some background, I rolled $250 in spare change to make my Provari purchase a year ago.) So last week I decided to make my own. I went down to a local cabinet maker's shop, asked for some nice wood and walked out with some walnut and oak scraps for free. I went to my brother in-law's house to use his table saw and cut my pieces to size. Then glued them all together and clamped them for 24 hours. After drying I sanded them down and drilled my holes. After it was done, it looked pretty good, but I wanted the walnut color to be a little richer, so I rubbed it with some linseed oil. Job done, total cost = $0.

Now not to take anything away from Provape, I really like their blocks, but just couldn't spend the money on it (especially since I had just purchased a ZAP). In fact, they obviously inspired mine. Enjoy and happy vaping.

Finished stand
IMG_0418.jpg

After linseed oil rub
IMG_0422.jpg

Bright pic
IMG_0419.jpg

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I always did like the look of the block available on the Provape website, but never wanted to spend the money. (For some background, I rolled $250 in spare change to make my Provari purchase a year ago.) So last week I decided to make my own. I went down to a local cabinet maker's shop, asked for some nice wood and walked out with some walnut and oak scraps for free. I went to my brother in-law's house to use his table saw and cut my pieces to size. Then glued them all together and clamped them for 24 hours. After drying I sanded them down and drilled my holes. After it was done, it looked pretty good, but I wanted the walnut color to be a little richer, so I rubbed it with some linseed oil. Job done, total cost = $0.

Now not to take anything away from Provape, I really like their blocks, but just couldn't spend the money on it (especially since I had just purchased a ZAP). In fact, they obviously inspired mine. Enjoy and happy vaping.

Finished stand
View attachment 260429

After linseed oil rub
View attachment 260431

Bright pic
View attachment 260432

Yes cost $0 but the beauty, satisfaction and practicality= PRICELESS. Nice job (now where are my wood scraps?).:confused:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Where do I order one!

$0.00 now that's a real deal!

Wait...FREE shipping right?

Bad part is I am lazy, I have all the stuff to do that in either wood or metals, and I haven't...dang I am inspired!

Gonna have to get the ole' Auto Cad 3D fired up and send something to the C&C to mill out......after I mow the yard (5 acres) yard?... LOL

I have been gone from home for almost three months, if it weren't for ECF, and vaping I would loose what mind I have left! :blink:

Provari holder on a budget.

Last edited:

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
Where do I order one!

$0.00 now that's a real deal!

Wait...FREE shipping right?

Bad part is I am lazy, I have all the stuff to do that in either wood or metals, and I haven't...dang I am inspired!

Gonna have to get the ole' Auto Cad 3D fired up and send something to the C&C to mill out......after I mow the yard (5 acres) yard?... LOL

I have been gone from home for almost three months, if it weren't for ECF, and vaping I would loose what mind I have left! :blink:

Funny thing is, I actually use Auto Cad. Was in the steel business for about 20 years. But this was such an afterthought it wasn't worthy of proper dimensioning. Lol, after glueing it together it was more along the lines of the leaning tower of Pisa. Only after some intense sanding did it finally stand upright with dignity.

Revs

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
SLC, UT, USA, Earth
That would be a great stand, bosun. I, also, have made stands for our pv's. Made wife a rack for all her juices and a stand for my MVP. Just cheap pine scraps, but it was fun and I made it. Mine still sits on my desk, unfinished with an iClear30 and 14500 in it. The MVP is in my pocket right now as I have been tinkering in the garage making a wooden mod box for the wife.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
That would be a great stand, bosun. I, also, have made stands for our pv's. Made wife a rack for all her juices and a stand for my MVP. Just cheap pine scraps, but it was fun and I made it. Mine still sits on my desk, unfinished with an iClear30 and 14500 in it. The MVP is in my pocket right now as I have been tinkering in the garage making a wooden mod box for the wife.

Had the wife check her hockey bag (she used to play hockey until reality and old age struck) but she was out. I'll just have to put one on the 'grocery list'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread