The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ZAP Users Chime in..

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by frazz, Jan 3, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. frazz

frazz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island
    So I got a zap today. Very nice vape....airy, but I will adapt. What I am feeling though is that my provari with the Zap is a "delicate" vape. What I mean is that with the potential for leaking through the wick of fill hole, ant the cap that removes quite easily, this would not be pocket friendly and that I would be relegated to using it at home only... What do you thnk and what are your habits with it? Also wondering....will crimping the end of the wick cause it to not wick anymore,,,,I figure that might take away some of the possibility for leaking since most of the juice probably feeds through the sides of the wick no?

anywho, thanks for reading.

also neat trick from provape...I found the zap scratching the topcap of the provari...and not 100% straight when screwed down...the told me to put an o-ring between the zap and provari....problem solved.

2. Trick

Trick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I carry mine in my pocket. Haven''t leaked a drop yet.

I'm not sure I'd recommend sticking it in there head-down, but as long as it stays relatively upright I'd think it'd fine. I wouldn't recommend crimping the wick... there's definitely a good chance it won't feed juice as well if you do.

And, for what it's worth, congrats. My ZAP is, by far, my favorite piece of equipment.

3. Velimere

Velimere Full Member

Jan 10, 2012
    United States
    Try holding it upside down and see what happens. Maybe I'm a minority here, but mine doesn't leak through the fill-hole... though I can lose juice (albeit very slowly) via constant wicking.

Sent from my ATRIX 4G using Tapatalk 2

4. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    i read on here someone used a slightly fatter oring and it helps the cap stay on better, worth a try

5. Tartan

Tartan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    I only Find my Top-cap popping off after a fresh fill or if I have condensation on the o-ring. just give the cap and the o-ring a quick wipe and its snug unless ya twist it....

I also carry this thing around with me EVERYWHERE. I take it to work, in the car, on the road, on the floor....and i have the battle scars to prove it hahah. if i pay money for something i'm gonna use it the way i want to :)

I'm the kinda dude that wouldn't buy a 60k Guitar and hang it on the wall....I'd the play the damn thing...

I love it.

best bit of hardware ever.

6. glauserjg

glauserjg Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    buffalo,ny
    What size o ring do people use to put between the zap and top cap?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

7. frazz

frazz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Good question.... A Home Depot model number would be fantastic!

8. Velimere

Velimere Full Member

Jan 10, 2012
    United States
    Other than one that's custom hand-crafted by a renown luthier using exotic materials, what guitar is gonna run you $60,000? :p

9. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.