Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
One of my v2's had an issue with a short pin (actually the inside insulator was short). I just disassembled, added a fill screw o-ring to the pin & reassembled. Works perfect. An adjustable pin would be nice though. There's too many other things that I personally don't care for about the Russian line that outweigh the benefit of the adjustable pin however.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
One of my v2's had an issue with a short pin (actually the inside insulator was short). I just disassembled, added a fill screw o-ring to the pin & reassembled. Works perfect. An adjustable pin would be nice though. There's too many other things that I personally don't care for about the Russian line that outweigh the benefit of the adjustable pin however.

:facepalm: You put the oring on the pin first didnt you? HA, wish I thought of that, I was putting the oring on over the insulator, half of insulator would go in then small o ring would bulge. just barley preventing the wider half of insulator to enter. I cant believe I overlooked doing it that way and I was trying many things last night.

Thanks for the Tip Ozwald, you da man!!

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Actually these were quite a bit cheaper than the polished. Good luck with the polished, so far I've seen/heard of 4 of them - 2 were junk & the other 2 worked. I hope there's not a bunch of junk ones in the batch.

The problems that I heard of, were all due to the positive terminal block being loose, and users trying to tighten it from the contact pin, instead of pulling the contact pin, tightening the block, the reinstalling pin. I plan on complete disassembly, clean with degreaser, then scrub with dawn dish soap, rinse, soak, hot water in ultrasonic, isopropyl alcohol soak/rinse (Standard procedure with pretty much any machined atty... The taste of burning machine oils never impressed me lol)... So I will be sure to catch anything not done right early on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
The problems that I heard of, were all due to the positive terminal block being loose, and users trying to tighten it from the contact pin, instead of pulling the contact pin, tightening the block, the reinstalling pin. I plan on complete disassembly, clean with degreaser, then scrub with dawn dish soap, rinse, soak, hot water in ultrasonic, isopropyl alcohol soak/rinse (Standard procedure with pretty much any machined atty... The taste of burning machine oils never impressed me lol)... So I will be sure to catch anything not done right early on

I don't count those as problems anymore. Can't fault the hardware for the intelligence of the user.

The problems with the 2 of them were poor milling on the juice channels. One was so shallow it'd have a hard time wicking water. Mine were bad, but not quite that bad. The 2 good ones even showed inconsistencies. Considering their QC isn't looking for that, I highly doubt they're bothering to check the distance that the adjustable pin is set when it leaves the factory.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't count those as problems anymore. Can't fault the hardware for the intelligence of the user.

The problems with the 2 of them were poor milling on the juice channels. One was so shallow it'd have a hard time wicking water. Mine were bad, but not quite that bad. The 2 good ones even showed inconsistencies. Considering their QC isn't looking for that, I highly doubt they're bothering to check the distance that the adjustable pin is set when it leaves the factory.

I just got notice that VapeRev has the KFL+ v.2 back in stock....knowing I'll want to compare anyways, have one on order now. The Russian should be here today, so I will be able to check it out soon as the wife gets back and can sit with the critters while I go down to the mailbox and pick it up

Edit: picked it up and did the full complete breakdown and degrease. Then looked at the vertical channels. Compared to the pics I saw on here with the thread I think you were talking about. Mine were like the pics, give or take a little, but not what I'd expect. I am on the fence about should I try it and see, or just send back. It may work ok, but on the other hand, even if it works, with one channel being deeper than the other, it's not "right". I could live with that if it was a $20 fasttech knock-off, but at essentially the same price as the real deal, that if have ordered, I shouldn't have to deal with having to tweak it or mod it to make it work.

One other curiosity, is that the polished ones are the only ones in stock, and the only ones that claim to be "normal to come with broken seals on the box". I would hate to think they are restocking and selling the ones that have been returned.

Last edited:

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Looked closer at it, and laid a straight edge across channels. Both were actually the same depth, and looked deep enough to wick, so wanted to try at least. Was shooting for about a 2.0 ohm micro coil out of 30 awg kanthal. 8 wraps around about 2mm form, and I came in at 1.9. Close enough. Put in some cotton and half filled from top as per the VapeRev video. Wow. Now I see the attraction to these. Flavor somewhere between an RDA and a carto tank, but with the clouds I would get from a genesis. Running at 4v. Started to feel like it wanted to burn, and with cotton I didn't want to risk it, so tried tightening up draw to pull more juice, still not right, so backed screw out all the way. Wow. More cloud, all the flavor, no burn. Pretty thick juice - 60% vg, so if it wants to dry I can always do an unpowered pull "carbing" over air hole....maybe open channels a touch... Going to keep it I think. See how it compares to the real deal. I'm sure I'll be glad to have 2, if for nothing else if I want to change flavor. Still disappointed in the sketchy quality for the price, but the cost of return ship plus my time, and then dealing with a "cheaper" clone, it's worth it just to keep it....not to mention, if I decide to ever sell, I'd get more for this than a $20 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread