Provari Mini Owners: Using 18490 or 18350 More?

Which battery are you using most

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
I am going to order a Provari Mini but still unsure whether to go ahead and order the ext cap and a 18490 battery.
I would like for some of you mini owners to chime in and let us know which battery setup you are using more.
18350s or 18490s with ext? I dont want to order batteries I won't end up using.

Thanks in advance!

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Yeah, I'd say so as my Provari actually stays at home most of the time. Not because I'm worried of breaking it or anything, but I don't have a tank setup yet, still waiting on a DID actually, and dripping n driving just isn't for me. I only got one of each battery, if it dies, I have other PV's to use in the mean time so no big deal. I'm not a chain vaper, but when I first got it and used it a lot, the 18490 would last me all day long.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I got 2 18350s and 1 18490 with my satin black mini w/ blue LED. I like the teardrop pattern as another poster said above, and I like how the standard cap looks better than the extended cap. I get ~1.5 days out of a 350, and ~2 days from a 490.... I have been using the 18350s 99% of the time in my mini, and stealing the 18490 to put with my kick in my SB.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
I rotate between 2 18350's. I usually get the blinking light in the evening. I just swap it out and put a fresh charged battery in. That battery will then usually last me until the next evening.

I'm a pretty heavy vaper as I work from home and can pretty much vape at my desk all day long. If I were you placing an order I would still get 1 18490 for when you're going to be out and about away from a charger for a very long time. An example I could think of is going to a theme park or something where you wouldn't really want to carry a back up battery.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
Thanks Escape,
I'm a relatively light vaper as well 1-2mL per day. I can get my 650 Twists to last 1.5 days when I'm working in the office.

You make a good point about longer days though.

Think I'm going to order 2 350's and 1 490 for now with the ext.

Yeah my 650 twists would last me less than a day. I usually vape boge 3ohm cartos @ about 4.5-4.8 volts. One other thing to mention about the extension cap is you may prefer the way it feels in your hand with it on.

Here's a pic I snapped comparing it with the kgo vv, 100mah twist, and 650 mah twist.

FZYr4.jpg

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
PS: Nice avatar- from a fellow track and street rider

Thanks man, I always tell everyone it took a 35hp dirt bike to teach me to ride a street bike. :D Motards are so much fun up here in the mountains. I have buddies that come up from DFW a couple times a year to ride. If you're ever up this way, hit me up.

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
My 18490s must suck as I suspected. They have only been used in the provari, and only charged on my wpII. One lasts far less than the other...and the two together barely make a day. my tank right now has over half of it's 3.5 ml left and I am done with one battery already today.
That doesn't sound right, unless you are vaping way high up on the voltage range and playing around with the menu alot.
Are you using AW IMR batteries?

See my post in my review thread about how long my batteries last initailly, post #25:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/335113-my-first-mod-provari-mini-picture-review-3.html

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
They are aw I bought from rtdvapor, and I run just under 5 volts with 3 ohm carto tanks most of the time.

I mess with the menu on average once per day...if that. I should probably order two from another vendor and try my luck. I got little response past "are you sure?" when I reported the short life on the one.

Senator...you get more life out of an 18350 than I get out of mine just going on ml vaped. And your 2.4 should use battery faster than my 3ohm I believe.

Last edited:

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
They are aw I bought from rtdvapor, and I run just under 5 volts with 3 ohm carto tanks most of the time.

I mess with the menu on average once per day...if that. I should probably order two from another vendor and try my luck. I got little response past "are you sure?" when I reported the short life on the one.

Senator...you get more life out of an 18350 than I get out of mine just going on ml vaped. And your 2.4 should use battery faster than my 3ohm I believe.

Not if you're vaping at ~5 volts, you'd be vaping at 8 watts where I'd be at 7.35.
That said I still don't think it would cut battery time in HALF ya know?

:unsure: Sometimes a negative ECF review thread gets things done if customer service doesn't act first.
Maybe try another battery under similar conditions, then you'll have good solid proof too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread