Provari Mini ... Please tell me your's is reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I just got my Provari Mini in today, and within three hours the second digit on the display went out. No error code, no other problems, just no second digit. Please tell me this is not common. While I don't mind paying the premium one bit, I will mind if this is what it is like owning one. It just can't be common. If it was, it wouldn't have the great reputation it does. I have contacted Provape, but don't know what they are going to do for me yet...

I realize any and every company will produce a faulty unit every now and then. It's just not avoidable. But that is the logical part of my brain that tells me that. The emotional part is really frustrated that I paid a premium, and instead of enjoying my new PV, I am now figuring out what to do about it. Eh, that's life I guess. I was all pumped to quit smoking this time too. My story here.

Anyway... anyone else had issues like this? I'd really like to hear how rare this is.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I've had a full size unit since last August. Used it heavily every day since it arrived with no issues. Came to this forum to see thoughts on the mini. I think it's time to downsize :)

I own a full sized Provari, I loved it so much that I bought a mini... Its a must to have a Provari mini as a backup for your full sized Provari.....

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I own a full sized Provari, I loved it so much that I bought a mini... Its a must to have a Provari mini as a backup for your full sized Provari.....

Hmm, I must be the exception again, as I feel a full size backup provari is preferable :)

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Hmm, I must be the exception again, as I feel a full size backup provari is preferable :)

The full size is my favorite, but sometimes a smaller one is nice for carry...
Even though you can make the full size shorter with the 18490, the mini is more
comfortable with the 18490 battery due to the extended cap thats used. IMO the extended caps rounded edge fells better in the hand then the standard cap..

Last edited:

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma

I now have 4 Provari's. 3 regular and 1 mini. So I guess you could say I have a back-up for my back-ups, back-ups, back-up. :laugh: I have owned the first one for over a year and have never had any issues with any of them and have used the crap out of all of them.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I now have 4 Provari's. 3 regular and 1 mini. So I guess you could say I have a back-up for my back-ups, back-ups, back-up. :laugh: I have owned the first one for over a year and have never had any issues with any of them and have used the crap out of all of them.

4 wow... My 2 are both Satin Black... Do you have a Chrome one? Wondering how well it holds up?

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
Well Provape sent me a prepaid shipping label since it broke on the first day of use, and I'll get it back after they replace the circuitry. I tried my Bloog again, and I don't think that's going to cut it until the Provari gets back... :(

I like the idea of the full size provari too. I got the mini for carry, but I'm thinking of getting a full size as a backup and for around the house use -- what with the bigger battery and all.

Freaking crap I want my provari back quick! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread