Provari Mini Vaping Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclist

Jun 5, 2018
Glad that found this forum, i am new here and I need help. I have used Provari Mini for awhile now but recently it won't vape any longer after a drop to carpet from a 2 feets high. No physical damage and all button functions seem to work fine accept atomizer no longer burned. Can anyone direct me to a link to trouble shoot this problem. Look like either a short or open circuit somewhere...the Cb function seem to recognize the atomize and read the proper resistance value. This drives me nut last two weeks since I can't understand what is going on.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

mclist

Jun 5, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Merged duplicate threads

mclist

Jun 5, 2018
When did you last replace the coil?

Thank for the quick response. It's not the coil since I have swapped my new coils and still does not work. The IC board seems to work fine with all provided functions that with button...also playing with all lower and over voltage to bypass the IC cutoff voltage with no success.

Reactions: stols001

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Try stretching the bottom cap spring.
Have you tried a different delivery device? or another head/coil?
What brand & model battery are you using, how old is it?
When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned all parts of the 510 connection and bottom cap to tube threading?

Did you try this ?

mclist

Jun 5, 2018
Did you try this ?

I have cleaned and tried different new Lingsfire 18350 batteries and aspire BVC coils. All working with different vapor devices but none is working with this drop one. By the way, just notice that Cb function reporting of 1.3 ohm values of a actual 1.8 ohm atomizer. I have tried couple different coil with the same 1.3 ohm reading....look like some sort of shorting here...Any ideal. TIA

• Optimistic

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
So sorry the Mini is giving you problems. Sounds like it may need some repair service. Thankfully, you can still send the Mini to someone authorized to do ProVari repairs. Click this link and scroll down to "Repair Service". There is an email contact for your concerns and to set up a repair on the Mini if need be ... ProVape Closed

EDIT: Every one who has contacted and had repairs done, have had a better than expected experience. It's just one guy doing the repairs so you may have to give it a little time. Good Luck !!!

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Correction:

Ao function reporting of 1.3 ohm values from an actual 1.8 ohm atomizer. I have tried couple different coil with the same 1.3 ohm reading... I also try the Cb function that report 4.2 without atomize and 4.2, 3.9 then 4.0 with atomize.
With the atomizer reading lower, you may simply need to lower your voltage setting. Is it giving you an error code? If so, what code is it? That will help us troubleshoot the problem also.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Doesn't really sound like it's needed and somehow related to the accidental drop, but the threaded areas on both ends of the tube as well as the end cap need to be cleaned from time to time for good electrical connectivity. If you wipe those threaded areas, you may notice a lot of black smudge stuff come off those threads.

The circuit board in the Mini was glued in by ProVape until they changed the board mounting design for the P3. A drop of the Mini COULD have dislodged the board and cause these issues you're experiencing. If that has happened, there isn't much you can do without proper tools and skills, except have it repaired.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I have cleaned and tried different new Lingsfire 18350 batteries and aspire BVC coils. All working with different vapor devices but none is working with this drop one. By the way, just notice that Cb function reporting of 1.3 ohm values of a actual 1.8 ohm atomizer. I have tried couple different coil with the same 1.3 ohm reading....look like some sort of shorting here...Any ideal. TIA

The Provari requires high drain button top cells to function.
The lingsfire 1500mah button top battery is a very low quality protected cell & shouldn't be used for vaping purposes, at all.
The PCB will cause your provari to function erratically, if at all.
Provari's are sensitive to low quality cells.

All of the ' fire ' batteries are very low quality and should not be used for vaping, at all,, lingsfire, trustfire, ultrafire, tangsfire, demonfire, windyfire.

I suspect the battery is causing your issues, if not caused by the battery itself the added length of the button top PCB may have dislodged the chip with the fall.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
There may be a newer chart, just can't find it right now, but here's one chart for recommended batteries to vape with. AW brand is really popular for the 18350. You need to try a different battery. Stop using the one you have ...

6ca22a714ad3fde8f1fe59912bab2f70.png

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You still didn't mention if you tried stretching the spring? I agree poor quality batteries COULD be the issue but if they aren't new, and there was a drop? Unless you can complete the above ideas, (cleaning terminals, stretching the string, even replacing it if you have an extra spring) well I'd probably say send it in for repair. I suppose it's POSSIBLE that something electronic went wonky after a drop, in which case sending it in is probably ALSO your best bet.

Good luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Glad that found this forum, i am new here and I need help. I have used Provari Mini for awhile now but recently it won't vape any longer after a drop to carpet from a 2 feets high. No physical damage and all button functions seem to work fine accept atomizer no longer burned. Can anyone direct me to a link to trouble shoot this problem. Look like either a short or open circuit somewhere...the Cb function seem to recognize the atomize and read the proper resistance value. This drives me nut last two weeks since I can't understand what is going on.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sorry to hear about your problem. You must of knocked something out of line. Please don't try to take the mod apart, you could cause serious problems.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Many thanks in advance.

Mike
Mike, I had the same problem with my mini. Tried every suggestion given, including stretching the spring which apparently lose some of their "bounce" with wear.

I ended up sendi g it in to Provari Bill fir a spa day and it came back as good as new. It was worth every penny of the $30 fee nd he was pretty quick to return it.

BTW he,s closing shop at the end of the year because provari business has slowed down a lot..

Joun us at this thread. Lots of great people there
ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

And BTW…
IMG_3168.jpg
To ECF :)

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
Mike, I had the same problem with my mini. Tried every suggestion given, including stretching the spring which apparently lose some of their "bounce" with wear.

I ended up sendi g it in to Provari Bill fir a spa day and it came back as good as new. It was worth every penny of the $30 fee nd he was pretty quick to return it.

BTW he,s closing shop at the end of the year because provari business has slowed down a lot..

Joun us at this thread. Lots of great people there
ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

And BTW…
View attachment 746845 To ECF :)
Oh No, Bill is closing up shop. What am I going to do when I need to repair another Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread