Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Glad that found this forum, i am new here and I need help. I have used Provari Mini for awhile now but recently it won't vape any longer after a drop to carpet from a 2 feets high. No physical damage and all button functions seem to work fine accept atomizer no longer burned. Can anyone direct me to a link to trouble shoot this problem. Look like either a short or open circuit somewhere...the Cb function seem to recognize the atomize and read the proper resistance value. This drives me nut last two weeks since I can't understand what is going on.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike
Mike, I had the same problem with my mini. Tried every suggestion given, including stretching the spring which apparently lose some of their "bounce" with wear.

I ended up sendi g it in to Provari Bill fir a spa day and it came back as good as new. It was worth every penny of the $30 fee nd he was pretty quick to return it.

BTW he,s closing shop at the end of the year because provari business has slowed down a lot..

Joun us at this thread. Lots of great people there
ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

And BTW…
View attachment 746845 To ECF :)
Yeah, and you can discuss anything you want... except squirrels. :-x :D

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Oh No, Bill is closing up shop. What am I going to do when I need to repair another Provari?
You still have a few months. Do what I did. Send your most heavily used ones to him for an overhaul. Or buy more. Check the classies.

Last edited:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Check to make sure you are using An IMR button top battery.

Check to make sure your coil is high enough resistance.

Run through the menu and check to make sure that the device is set to on.

The menu is still available, even when the device is set to off.

It’s a long shot, but worth checking.

mclist

Jun 5, 2018
s
Doesn't really sound like it's needed and somehow related to the accidental drop, but the threaded areas on both ends of the tube as well as the end cap need to be cleaned from time to time for good electrical connectivity. If you wipe those threaded areas, you may notice a lot of black smudge stuff come off those threads.

The circuit board in the Mini was glued in by ProVape until they changed the board mounting design for the P3. A drop of the Mini COULD have dislodged the board and cause these issues you're experiencing. If that has happened, there isn't much you can do without proper tools and skills, except have it repaired.

Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for all your helps. I checked all your suggestions with no success and I seem to agree with Hobbs that the drop has dislodged the glued board...I will try to send it to Bill and have it repaired. Thinking of repair myself but second thought that I may cause more damage to the unit. Have a good day everyone :)

Last edited:

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
... also, using the wrong battery like the protected one you were using in the Mini could have caused or contributed to dislodging the circuit board. I'm not familiar with the Lingfire battery in particular, but generally, protected batteries have a small circuit board built into them which makes the battery slightly longer than the IMR batteries we use for vaping. So a longer battery when installed, would put excessive pressure on the circuit board. Just a thought.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I found the problem after simulate the shock to my damaged unit and one small component (unidentified IC in rectangular of grey color) drop out of the unit. Look like it need to be soldered and glued back in....Ok, any one know how to take the provari mini board out? TIA

Honestly, I would send it to Bill. It will come back like a brand new one :)

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I found the problem after simulate the shock to my damaged unit and one small component (unidentified IC in rectangular of grey color) drop out of the unit. Look like it need to be soldered and glued back in....Ok, any one know how to take the provari mini board out? TIA

Agree, send it to Bill !!!
EDIT ... this isn't Bill

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The small rectangle thingamajig if metal is the boards positive contact and part of the reverse battery protection.

Those too get damaged or broken off by using the wrong cells, the added length of the added button top or PCB causes relatively immense added pressure on that tiny piece of metal, side to side movement will shear it off fairly easily.

Battery selection really sucks right now for provari owners considering AW has yet to recover from their flood.
I have pressure sensors of all varieties and have not found any suitable replacements, all add a good deal of pressure against the board / positive contact.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Really if you love it, send it in, while you still can. It will be like new, and that's what you want and want to have continue for years to come. It's worth doing, IMO. I wouldn't ever try to mess with a provari (other than replacing a spring) and once the service is unavailable, it's gone.

Also, attempting to repair it BEFORE sending it in and failing may actually wind up costing you MORE. Just my opinion of course, but it's what I would do.

Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread