ProVari Mini with Kir Fanis Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
I received my extension today from GRModders. The journey took 13 days from Greece. The fit is unbelievably good. The threads are smooth, but were a little squeaky before I added some Noalox. I was planning on having it powder coated black when I ordered it, but I think I may leave it as is. I'm kind of digging the two tone look!

CxbX0qil.jpg

VYKll3Rl.jpg

WctQDkil.jpg

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Nice! I would probably look into a powder coat, but that doesn't look bad.

Yeah, there's a place right up the street from me that will powder coat it for $20. I've gone this far, I may as well not skimp out now!

I am glad that I ordered the mini though... thing is a bit large with a 650 in it. I'm not sure how much I will use it as the 350's and 490's have been just fine for me so far, but it's nice to know I can use 650's when I need to.

Last edited:

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
My Mama told me..
Alan
If ya ain't got nothing good to say... then don't say nothing at all.

It ain't that bad... but I think the Provari extension would tiddy it up

I have the ProVari extension. That will allow you to run 18490's in the mini. This extension will allow you to run 18650's as well.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
I may try some spray paint... worst case, it can be sanded off and then powder coated. I checked around and couldn't find anyone locally that does ceramic coatings. Cerakote would be best, but powder coating would be a close 2nd.

There is something to be said about spray painting it though. It would be pretty easy to refinish myself if it gets nicked up. Its just the problem of matching it. I sprayed a piece of stainless steel with some Satin Black Rustoleum last night. It is MUCH shinier than the Cerekote on the ProVari. I think a flat black will be much closer.

The Cerekote on the bottom of my ProVape extension is already showing wear. That's understandable as that is where it makes contact whenever I put the unit down.

87yrQqhl.jpg

Last edited:

kdw5150

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Maurice, LA.
i think you did a fantastic job on it, i do, but i would have left it as it was...i think it would have looked great with the hippo sleeve on it in the same original finish. i have a silver mini and i love the contrast the hippo provides.

I like the way the hippo looks as well, I'm gonna get one when they come back in stock. What tank do you use with it?

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Another option, too late now, would have been to use a metal tank the same finish as the kir fanis extension. That would have looked cool too with your setup especially with the black drip tip. But it's powdercoated now so too late. I understand why you did it, though. Can't blame you, we both have the same glass tank. I love it, especially with darker thick juices. Reminds me of a lava lamp after a toot watxhing the bubble rising from the carto's hole. Nice setup OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread