ProVari or a ProVari mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezyner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
United States
Ok, so I've moved from my junk 510 auto cigalike kit, to the joyetech manual 510s and joyetech 650 EGOs, then to joyetech 650 EGO C passthrough upgrade VV, to a Vision Spinner 1300. I even started mixing our liquids DIY.

And now,.... now I want a ProVari.

Only thing about it is, one, convincing my wife that this would be the BEST birthday present ever next month, and two, that the money is worth every penny. lol, the second point being the sticking point of course. "It's JUST a battery." So, IF (when) I get past this buzz killing conversation, and pull the trigger and get a proper mod, which one is better? I like them both, but for some reason really like the mini. Any help deciding will be appreciated greatly.

The ProVari with the extension cap to take the 2000 mah battery, or the ProVari mini with extension cap to take the 1100 mah?

As I am re-reading this back to myself, I think I just answered my own question, go with the bigger the battery, the longer it vapes and holds a charge, the happier I will be, but, ...

ProVari owners, please weigh in and let me know what your experiences are with both or either device, and as much peer pressure as you can manage will be appreciated. lol. If they're good points and help me out, I will be sure and encourage her to read this thread.

As always, thank you in advance.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Per provape the mini is 0.65" shorter with a standard cap (18350) than a normal provari with the standard cap (18490).

Both can take an 18490, mini with the extension, so it comes down whether or not you want the other to be an 18650 (I've used 2250mah Panny's in mine) or an 18350 (700mah or so) is really what it comes down to unless you have a styling preference. I ordered a v2 black full size because I find it the size difference isn't that big and I have other, smaller 18350 devices already that are better for pocket carry.

You could also get an aftermarket 18650 extension for the mini, the color won't match though. I don't actually find that to be a big deal, I actually just think it looks a little goofy with so much of it without the design.

Remember you can always get the v2 full size (in clearance) if the styling of the v2.5 is throwing you off.

So I purchased the full size but then I also traded for a mini for no good reason other than to have it. Only one and I would stick with the full size, just my two cents.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I have a full size with extended cap and love it. Have had it for 6 months. Two weeks later, I sent back my VEA's to fund a spare/blem which I have not needed. Sits in my Jeep in the cigar caddy. My girlfriend has a mini with regular cap and loves it. I am a chain vaper and change the battery once a day. My girlfriend is not a chain vaper and says she changes the battery once a day. I went with extended cap for extra battery time and would do it again. I really like the fact that before I leave the premisis, I put a freash battery in and don't have to worry about it.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
I'd suggest a provari and not the mini. If you get the mini with the extension cap, that's the same size and battery as the regular size but without the option of the 18650 battery. If you don't vape so much and don't mind shorter battery life, then the mini is good. If you're a heavy vaper then the regular provari is good since you have the option of the extension cap that would fit a 18650 battery.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
provari_vs_mini 3.jpg Provari_vs_Mini.jpg Provari_Lil Mama.jpg

Not sure if seeing them side by side helps your decision.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Even with the extension cap the mini is about 1/4" shorter than the full size. I really like my mini! I bought it expecting to get the 18650 ext, but after using it, I don't think I want to do that. I'm very happy with the size, it fits nicely in a pocket and isn't trying to fall out/top heavy like my Lava tube did/was. It's almost identical in size to my Altsmoke BB, which I found was just about ideal for pocket friendly!
I'm getting around 6hrs out of AW 18350's, I figure for the size, that's a decent trade off, and the batteries are so small, it's not hard to carry a spare or two if I'm out and about for a while.
As the others have said, you can get the twins (not sure I like the looks of them myself) and this gives you three battery choices, making it about as versatile as it gets. This also lets you find the size you like and run time you want.
WHEN I buy another one, it will be another mini, I really don't find the need for the larger size, and am willing to give up the run time for something more pocketable.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Ok, so I've moved from my junk 510 auto cigalike kit, to the Joyetech manual 510s and Joyetech 650 EGOs, then to Joyetech 650 EGO C passthrough upgrade VV, to a Vision Spinner 1300. I even started mixing our liquids DIY.

And now,.... now I want a ProVari.

Only thing about it is, one, convincing my wife that this would be the BEST birthday present ever next month, and two, that the money is worth every penny. lol, the second point being the sticking point of course. "It's JUST a battery." So, IF (when) I get past this buzz killing conversation, and pull the trigger and get a proper mod, which one is better? I like them both, but for some reason really like the mini. Any help deciding will be appreciated greatly.

The ProVari with the extension cap to take the 2000 mah battery, or the ProVari mini with extension cap to take the 1100 mah?

As I am re-reading this back to myself, I think I just answered my own question, go with the bigger the battery, the longer it vapes and holds a charge, the happier I will be, but, ...

ProVari owners, please weigh in and let me know what your experiences are with both or either device, and as much peer pressure as you can manage will be appreciated. lol. If they're good points and help me out, I will be sure and encourage her to read this thread.

As always, thank you in advance.

My only concern is you look really young to be vaping.. Can't really condone this but seeing as you are probably about three feet or so .. Your hands are probably pretty small like mine.. I say get the mini.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
I really like the Mini and found the battery life to be decent. Usually had to swap out by the evening.

Bought my wife an Evic, which ended up getting swapped with me for the Mini. After a couple of days using the Evic I have.... ordered another Mini :facepalm: I mean I dig the Evic but I miss my little Mini!

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I really like the Mini and found the battery life to be decent. Usually had to swap out by the evening.

Bought my wife an Evic, which ended up getting swapped with me for the Mini. After a couple of days using the Evic I have.... ordered another Mini :facepalm: I mean I dig the Evic but I miss my little Mini!

evic mini?

d9d6ebb3-bfd0-4229-8c76-3362453d6854_zpsa750afea.jpg

though it does now have a provari mini to play with.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
evic mini?

d9d6ebb3-bfd0-4229-8c76-3362453d6854_zpsa750afea.jpg

though it does now have a provari mini to play with.

Yup I got the mini tube for the Evic as well. Battery life is horrid compared to the Provari Mini. Least for me.

Its all good though. I like having multiple Pv's with different flavors loaded up at home, so the Evic will see use.

And my Little Lady really wanted a Purple Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread