Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I took the OP's post as asking ProVari owners who also own mechanicals for their opinion since many of us have and use both.. Perhaps I was mistaken.. Mechs have their place in my collection, but I must admit I have been using them less and less.

This is 2013... Back when I started vaping 3 years ago, many of us wanted to be rid of the mechs. When VV devices, and the safety features they offered appeared, they were well received. The sub-ohm craze has brought the mechs back, and with it, many posts of folks pushing batteries beyond their rated limit, and engaging in very unsafe activity.

Yes, the REO mechanicals are good devices.. Being bottom-feeders of high quality constructon places them into a class of their own. They still will suffer voltage drop-off like any other mech though, and can be pushed into unsafe service by folks who want to. The VV Grand has some issues of it's own, which I won't get into right now.

Personally, I am enjoying vaping at my chosen limit of 1.0 ohm with the safety features, accuracy, consistent voltage regulation, and high quality the ProVari offers.

Oh yeah... Not to leave out the fact that the ProVari has a good warranty when purchased new, and can even be sent back for repairs and upgrades here in the USA for a nominal cost after the warranty expires.. Even if one is not the original owner.. ;)

Last edited:

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
to be a bit more in depth, i have owned every gg mod (i built both COV and Imeo's site), i have owned a reo (i built a iteration of REO's site), I have owned a TON of mechanical mods. they all have their strengths and weaknesses, main weakness is not being VV lol.

having a solid VV mod means you can use literally any atomizer and have a good time vaping. and the solidest (is that is a word? :p) is the provari IMHO.

i got mine via a trade, it is the OG provari 1 with the textured black finish, reg cap and extended cap. i used it for a long time and after being dropped a bunch and scraped up (Still working fine) i sent it to chopper and he stripped and shined it for me, so it is chrome now, and i still use it over a year later just fine.

i use it pretty much exclusively now with a kanger protank cause i love these tanks and they work, and i get replacement heads for them and dont have to fiddle with making wicks and all that. when i order atties (from a friend) i tell him to send me what he has extra stock in, ohm doesnt matter, cause i have a provari.

full disclosure. in the last few days my provari has started to act funky with firing sometimes, this is the first real issue i have ever had with it. i think i will be sending it in to provape to get updated and cleaned up, if they still do that.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
full disclosure. in the last few days my provari has started to act funky with firing sometimes, this is the first real issue i have ever had with it. i think i will be sending it in to provape to get updated and cleaned up, if they still do that.
Provape offers service and repair for as long as you own your Provari:

Standard Service Repair Costs

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
all this mech talk yesterday had me wanting to try some old stuff. i dug out my GG slim and vmod and slapped them together with some cartos, good vapes :)

also i noalox'd my provari, no more firing issues!

Just got a Kick2 from RTD in the mail today...

I didn't know he had those, I built that site too lol. I will be hitting him up today!

Last edited:

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
was wodering if provape will sell the circuit board by itself? just a thought... it'll be cool to use in my future diy mod made out of wood =) maybe i can just salvage a beat up provari with a working pcb =)

Provape offers service and repair for as long as you own your Provari:

Standard Service Repair Costs

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00

Status