Provari power button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You can buy the whole push button switch on eBay for $12.95 + $.50 S/H.

NEW ProVape, ProVari & ProVari Mini V1, V2 & V2.5 Replacement Push Button Switch | eBay

Or...use a bead as a replacement button. There are cylinder shaped beads in a variety of materials (ie. plastic, stone, glass, etc.) as well as many diameters and lengths. They have a hole in them already, so it should be easy to attach one with the proper jewelry type of glue. I just measured the button on one of my 2.5 Provaris and it's a 6mm diameter button. Cylinder beads do come in 6mm diameter, too! Would just need to either know the length needed and get 1 that size or be able to shorten it if required. I make jewelry as a hobby and have various cylinder shaped beads. I'd send you a couple different ones free, if you'd like me to.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e...ND/1003967

Edit - i thought you meant the actual electrical switch button. Sorry.
As for the plastic button itself i'd just whittle one out of some handy plastic or use a button from an obsolete electrical appliance/gizmo. Could even see if someone has a spare in the classifieds - i've got a couple of broken down Provaris which i use for spares but i live in the UK :(

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
You can buy the whole push button switch on eBay for $12.95 + $.50 S/H.

NEW ProVape, ProVari & ProVari Mini V1, V2 & V2.5 Replacement Push Button Switch | eBay

Or...use a bead as a replacement button. There are cylinder shaped beads in a variety of materials (ie. plastic, stone, glass, etc.) as well as many diameters and lengths. They have a hole in them already, so it should be easy to attach one with the proper jewelry type of glue. I just measured the button on one of my 2.5 Provaris and it's a 6mm diameter button. Cylinder beads do come in 6mm diameter, too! Would just need to either know the length needed and get 1 that size or be able to shorten it if required. I make jewelry as a hobby and have various cylinder shaped beads. I'd send you a couple different ones free, if you'd like me to.
I might have to try that as a last resort if I cannot find a replacement button. Thank you.

• Agree

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e...ND/1003967

Edit - i thought you meant the actual electrical switch button. Sorry.
As for the plastic button itself i'd just whittle one out of some handy plastic or use a button from an obsolete electrical appliance/gizmo. Could even see if someone has a spare in the classifieds - i've got a couple of broken down Provaris which i use for spares but i live in the UK :(
I might have to break one of mine down just for the button. I have one with a missing window that will be a good candidate for parts. I'll also check the classifieds before I do that, since the candidate is functional.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I might have to break one of mine down just for the button. I have one with a missing window that will be a good candidate for parts. I'll also check the classifieds before I do that, since the candidate is functional.
if you scrounge the one from your Provari that is missing the window, you will still have the chipset as a spare, maybe get accurate dimensions while it is out and see if you can find someone to machine one from some clear plastic stock?

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
if you scrounge the one from your Provari that is missing the window, you will still have the chipset as a spare, maybe get accurate dimensions while it is out and see if you can find someone to machine one from some clear plastic stock?
That's a great idea. I was thinking of taking it to a 3D printing place while it is out, @untar gave me that idea.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
If I had a rough sketch and exact dimensions I could make a CAD (.stl or .obj) file if there's any need for that.
i'd just whittle one out of some handy plastic
Don't use inferior materials, if you're already whittling use bone or dense wood, it's about the same work but it'll look and feel much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread