Provari V2 vs Provari mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMEYE

Nov 6, 2012
Watford UK
I have decided to go professional in my vaping habit and all but decided on the Provari BUT unsure about which model to get??
Do both the V2 and the mini require the end cap extension to take the bigger battery? Stealth / portability is't much of a concern for me I love people asking what I'm doing as a load of VG vapour streams from my nostrils LOL

JIMEYE

Nov 6, 2012
Watford UK
If size is not a concern then I would highly recommend a V2 with an extension cap.

That way you can rock an 2000 Mah AW 18650 IMR and get the most vape time.

Will the V2 take the larger battery as standard or will I need an end cap extension? AND if I get an extension for he V2 what battery configuration will that give me? Any more vape time?

atomsnine

Dec 3, 2012
Alabama
Will the V2 take the larger battery as standard or will I need an end cap extension? AND if I get an extension for he V2 what battery configuration will that give me? Any more vape time?

The V2 will need the extension cap to use the 18650 battery. The bigger battery will result in more vape time before having to switch out/recharge batteries.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use my standard size Provari with 18650 batteries (ext. cap) exclusively through the whole day. I exchange batteries each night at the same time before bed.

Occassionally I will use the 18490 battery in it just for a variety in size. The Provari will start blinking indicating low battery around 7pm.

I would love to have a Mini for out-and-about use. You know, just quick trips to the grocery or convenience store, as the standard size is a little on the heavy side and doesn't fit in a pocket as easy as a Mini would. I couldn't justify another $175 + batteries at this time, so I got a Smoktech variable voltage Gripper for that purpose. It does almost everything the Provari does for $50, except it has a plastic body and the voltage output is about 1 volt hotter than the setting indicates. The 18650 battery can be shared with the Provari and lasts a long time.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
F.Y.I the standard size isnt all that big to start with. Top two comments in threads with people waiting for their Provari? OMG why didnt I get this sooner? and Its smaller then I thought it would be.

Get the standard...you can always get a mini as your backup later :)

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I have decided to go professional in my vaping habit and all but decided on the Provari BUT unsure about which model to get??
Do both the V2 and the mini require the end cap extension to take the bigger battery? Stealth / portability is't much of a concern for me I love people asking what I'm doing as a load of VG vapour streams from my nostrils LOL

functionally, the two devices are exactly the same, same motor under the hood, just depends how big of a gas tank you want.

for the mini, you can get an 18350 battery (which will last ~4 hours), or use the xcap and get the ability of using an 18500 (~7-8 hours)

for the V2, you can use an 18500 battery (same battery as mini with xcap) or use an xcap on the v2 and use an 18650 (can last 20+ hours)

i have both, and can tell you that neither one will do you any wrong....it all really boils down to battery life.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
If you go that route check on the availability of the cap first and then look into shipping times. Was about 2 and a half weeks for replacement tubes for a Prive tank from Greece to the U.S.

Also not sure if it would be a concern for you but the finish doesnt match between the mini and the aftermarket extension cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread