Does anyone still buy Provari full size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Having a mini (IMO) gives more options. I decided on one brass tatroe ring with the ProVape extender cap.

This is my 18350 in 18650 mode.

20131108_132517_20131108_132557_zpsb0af9825.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can you use the tatroe ext rings with carto tanks? I am wanting a flush look for my standard provari with extension-18650-endcap. I am currently using a lokilab ring but I have to leave a small gap between the ring and carto tank or else it cuts off all my airflow. There has to be a way to have a flush appearance using a provari and cartotank setup??
Masterchief explained this well. Various third party manufacturers have made beauty rings often called "Pro Rings" to hide the funnel-shaped top cone of the Provari for a flush look with certain toppers, or juice attachments. Some are simply just rings, held in position by being held in place just by being between the tank and the Provari. Something like the Hippo is an air flow controller which screws into the Provari's top connector and also functions as a beauty ring.

Tatroe Mods is a third party manufacturer which also makes a beauty ring. They also make an alternative to Provape's battery extension cap, called a Tatroe Ring. One allows use of the 18490 battery in the Mini. Two allows use of the 18650 battery in the Mini. This can be seen in my above pics in the previous post. Tatroe also makes a wide base to substitute for the regular battery cap, which allows standing the Provari upright without fear of it tipping over and possibly cracking a glass tank.

Last edited:

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
I recently purchased the Standard Provari last month and love it! It fits nicely in my hand, even though it's longer than my hand it just has a nice feel and grip. Although it is a bit "heavy" it's not too heavy, it's just the heaviest mod you'll vape from I think lol! I have the extention on my standard size to get the 18650 battery in it which actually last me 2 full days. I vape about 5 mins out of every hour, so not a super heavy vaper but that's probably because I'm vaping 18mg and sometimes 12mg(which I can hardly tell the difference), so I'm getting my favorite juices in 6mg hoping that I can vape a little longer or more often. :)

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I recently purchased the Standard Provari last month and love it! It fits nicely in my hand, even though it's longer than my hand it just has a nice feel and grip. Although it is a bit "heavy" it's not too heavy, it's just the heaviest mod you'll vape from I think lol! I have the extention on my standard size to get the 18650 battery in it which actually last me 2 full days. I vape about 5 mins out of every hour, so not a super heavy vaper but that's probably because I'm vaping 18mg and sometimes 12mg(which I can hardly tell the difference), so I'm getting my favorite juices in 6mg hoping that I can vape a little longer or more often. :)

ProVari Weight - 4.2 ounces (without battery).
iTaste VTR Approximate Weight: 12oz. (without battery).

I call my VTR a mod / self defense weapon :)

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
If I were to buy a Provari, I'd get the full-size with the 18650 cap. That said, I'm not paying that much for a regulated device that has no VW or adjustable airflow. A year ago, the Provari may have been top of the line. This industry moves too fast to stagnate your product. It just looks like a relic with VV only...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A question for Badatitude. From your experience, if I chose the Mini with no extension, I would need at at least 3 and possibley 4 batteries for a 16-17 hr day?

Your own mileage may vary, but with an AW 18350 IMR battery I get 5 - 6 hours per battery in the Mini. I keep four batteries in a rotation.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If I were to buy a Provari, I'd get the full-size with the 18650 cap. That said, I'm not paying that much for a regulated device that has no VW or adjustable airflow. A year ago, the Provari may have been top of the line. This industry moves too fast to stagnate your product. It just looks like a relic with VV only...
Not everyone wants or needs variable wattage. None of my seven regulated mods has it. I don't need it nor do I want it. It's just another way to get to the same spot.

I use all types of clearomizers, cartotanks, and a couple of RBA's. I've not had any air flow issues with either of my two Provari's, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Have you had airflow problems with YOUR PROVARI?

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I prefer the standard size myself...

It's still quite small in 18490 mode... I think the pictures make them look a lot bigger than they are.

For me, the battery life of a Mini in 18350 mode just won't cut it for a full work day. I need at least 18490. So if I will always use 18490 and bigger batteries, I saw no reason to consider the mini.

Also, I like to look at my devices... I like the colors I get them in. I like the look of the ProVari with the standard battery cap. Now, if ProVape sold the extension rings color matched to the device, I would probably like that. But I don't like the look of a mini with one tatroe extension ring on it, much less two... It's like 1/3 of the device is brushed stainless... Just doesn't look right to me.

Telly R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Vape Room, NC
I was surprised to see how large the provari model is, even the mini! I didn't think that it was that much smaller than the regular version, but I'm still going to go with purchasing the mini. I also like the fact that you can make it larger too if need be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The latest mini version would be the widely suggested way to go; you could always add the Atmistique Twins, or Kir Fanis Extensions... They look sweet!

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I was surprised to see how large the provari model is, even the mini!

Do you really find them to be large? It's the smallest regulated tube mod I've used compared to others with the same battery size... I guess if all you use is mechanicals, it might seem a little bit longer...

Yeah what Telly R said is true. There are always extensions for the mini's but you should find a picture of what the provari mini would look like with the extension. I personally like the standard size with the extended cap simply because it looks standard! Also I go through batteries fairly quickly so an 18650 is always my first choice.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Not everyone wants or needs variable wattage. None of my seven regulated mods has it. I don't need it nor do I want it. It's just another way to get to the same spot.

I use all types of clearomizers, cartotanks, and a couple of RBA's. I've not had any air flow issues with either of my two Provari's, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Have you had airflow problems with YOUR PROVARI?

Maybe VW is just a redundant gimmick; maybe adjustable airflow is a nitpicky detail. If I'm going to justify spending the money for top of the line, I want all of the bells and whistles. For $200+, I want a piece that is the epitome of the current state of vape luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread