Provari V2 vs V2.5, and related questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
ElectraClyde says that the ProVari V2.5’s inner diameter is slightly different than the V1 and V2, in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/409960-provari-mini-more-options-3.html

Also, GR-Modders has a listing for an extension cap (extension 18650 for mini Provari v2 By Kir Fanis - Gr-Modders), where they write, “ATT!! Only for v2.Not for v2.5”. This also suggests that there is a physical difference between those two versions.

So, if that info is correct, then some threaded attachments, designed for the V1/V2, may not work with the V2.5. But, things designed for V2.5 should work with all three versions.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
ElectraClyde says that the ProVari V2.5’s inner diameter is slightly different than the V1 and V2, in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/409960-provari-mini-more-options-3.html

Also, GR-Modders has a listing for an extension cap (extension 18650 for mini Provari v2 By Kir Fanis - Gr-Modders), where they write, “ATT!! Only for v2.Not for v2.5”. This also suggests that there is a physical difference between those two versions.

So, if that info is correct, then some threaded attachments, designed for the V1/V2, may not work with the V2.5. But, things designed for V2.5 should work with all three versions.

I saw this on GR-modders and found it curious since both of my end caps, extension caps and my Twins by Atmistique are interchangeable between my Mini v2.5 and my regular v2 with no problems or tightness. Now I understand why. They must all be made to 2.5 spec.

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I just e-mailed cig-techs, as soon as I saw this post, I ordered one of those extension tubes today, on their website they just say, its for provari's

I saw this on GR-modders and found it curious since both of my end caps, extension caps and my Twins by Atmistique are interchangeable between my Mini v2.5 and my regular v2 with no problems or tightness. Now I understand why. They must all be made to 2.5 spec.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just e-mailed cig-techs, as soon as I saw this post, I ordered one of those extension tubes today, on their website they just say, its for provari's

For what it's worth, I have two complete Tatroe base/extension sets from Cig-Tech. They work on both my v2.0 Provari and my v2.5 Mini. Threading, fit and finish is a fine as if Provape had made it.

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I got a silver blem in February. I never found the blem. As for different versions, many of us (myself included) like the v2 looks better on the full-size. The ProVari logo is the only difference on the minis. Any way you go, you will be happy with your purchase. I have a full-size and a mini. No regrets.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
For what it's worth, I have two complete Tatroe base/extension sets from Cig-Tech. They work on both my v2.0 Provari and my v2.5 Mini. Threading, fit and finish is a fine as if Provape had made it.

The Tatroe bases are a really nice addition because they allow you to stand 'em up on the desk without knocking them over. You can also use the rings with the original endcaps. WIth 2 rings on an 18350, you can get the 18650 size. No pictures, the rings were out of stock when I got mine, but I will be getting some on my next visit.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I would have ordered the extension with my 2.5 if provari would have had it, but they didn't. Then once I received my 2.5, I realized that I really need it, if I am wanting to use my longer batteries with the base. I really wanted the tatroe tanks, and I was going to hold off on ordering them for a few weeks. Then friday I just thought, with my luck if I waited, they would be sold out of the tatroe tanks. So I was already ordering the tanks, just added the rings to the order. The post that had the link to gr modders, just mad me panic, I think that gr, must have some of the older rings, and cig techs must have the newer ones.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
I could actually use that taetro base, especially when I have my RSST loaded onto my Provari (I like to get mine @ 2.0 ohms.) I don't see the big ooh ah about Bottom Coil stuff, and sub-ohm stuff on Mechanical Mods. Where can I get one, IN THE USA??!! The last link I found was for Europe, and well... I don't live there quite clearly, although I would love to... Europe has their politics in line...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
If you are asking about the tatroe tank cig tecks has them. They are in the usa, they have the bases also, if that is what you are asking for.

Welcome to Cigtechs - Quality electronic cigarettes

I could actually use that taetro base, especially when I have my RSST loaded onto my Provari (I like to get mine @ 2.0 ohms.) I don't see the big ooh ah about Bottom Coil stuff, and sub-ohm stuff on Mechanical Mods. Where can I get one, IN THE USA??!! The last link I found was for Europe, and well... I don't live there quite clearly, although I would love to... Europe has their politics in line...

Last edited:

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada

I just received my Twins extension yesterday and it threads really well into my V2.5 Mini. I didn’t try it on my V2.5 standard size, but there shouldn’t be any differences.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
I would have ordered the extension with my 2.5 if provari would have had it, but they didn't. Then once I received my 2.5, I realized that I really need it, if I am wanting to use my longer batteries with the base. I really wanted the tatroe tanks, and I was going to hold off on ordering them for a few weeks. Then friday I just thought, with my luck if I waited, they would be sold out of the tatroe tanks. So I was already ordering the tanks, just added the rings to the order. The post that had the link to gr modders, just mad me panic, I think that gr, must have some of the older rings, and cig techs must have the newer ones.

Sorry kas, I didn’t intend to cause anyone to panic… I just thought that that info may be helpful to someone. :oops:

BTW: Did your Cigtechs order ship? I placed an order early in the morning on July 5th, but it still hasn’t shipped yet. Since this is my first order from them, I’m not sure if this is typical or not for them.

Thanks.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
There is a difference, when i bought my 2.5 i ordered an extention cap, i had to return 2 of them that did not fully screw on - the 3rd one did, apparently the threads were changed along the way.

There may also be some manufacturing issues with some of the Provape extension caps.

My satin silver Provape extension cap is a bit rough about half way through screwing it in. Mine screws in all the way, it’s just not as smooth as I was expecting from Provape. My blue Provape extension cap, however, screws in really smoothly.

All of my Provape regular (non-extension) caps are really smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread