ProVari Version 3 Variable Wattage and sub ohm vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
ProVape makes an excellent product and has a loyal customer base. The members of ECF are a very small faction of the vaping community and those obsessed with VV vs VW is even smaller. ProVape's target consumer is someone like myself: I want a durable, American made device that can be sent in for repairs if necessary. I'm more interested in pretty colors than amp limits. My friends who have bought ProVaris did so because they liked mine. VW would in no way be a selling point for any of us. I currently have 6.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The next difference I can identify, between my VV devices and my VW ones, will be the first one.

To paraphrase the immortal Herbie Brooks -
The "V" in the front (of the description) is a heckuva lot more important than the "V" (or "W") in the back.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
I don't think sub-ohm is a good idea for ProVape, but a VV/VW ProVari V3 is good marketing sense.
tomato.GIF
People just getting into vaping looking for "the best" will no longer question, "Why?" The questions will stop. Those who don't care about VW can easily ignore the setting. ProVape can justify increasing the price. Some of the existing customer base will jump onto the bandwagon and put their 2.0/2.5s in the FS/FT section. And I'll be waiting with a finger on the F5 key.
smartalec2.GIF

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
ProVape makes an excellent product and has a loyal customer base. The members of ECF are a very small faction of the vaping community and those obsessed with VV vs VW is even smaller. ProVape's target consumer is someone like myself: I want a durable, American made device that can be sent in for repairs if necessary. I'm more interested in pretty colors than amp limits. .

:thumb: This.

I have nine mods, none have variable wattage. I don't need it. I don't want it. All my juice attachments are purchased at the same resistance. Besides, I change voltage to suit my particular flavors, not at a so-called ideal setting for all.

I have mods that use both the single button control, and two buttons for power up and power down. Makes no difference to me.

I'm glad Provape chose the LED screen they use because according to sources it is the most durable screen available. I like durable.

I don't want to do sub ohm. I don't want a puff counter. I don't want to connect my mod to my computer for "updates". I wouldn't use ego-threaded clearomizers on my Provari. I'm relieved my mod doesn't make funny faces at me.

I'm glad that Provape chose to design the Provari to be the safest, most dependable, most reliable, most durable, and most repairable mod on the market. I'm comforted to know Provape will repair my Provari's for as long as I own them.

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I'm kinda glad they are sticking to their guns, TBH...

If they make a V3, I would like to see them make it a true 20W capable device, yet keep it as VV only...

Continue the 2.9V to 6V range... Raise current limit to 7A. Every time it fires it calculates device resistance immediately before firing the coil or passing an error code. Allow for a range of resistances to fire the device at 20W throughout the voltage range.

For example:

Voltage Setting | Minimum Resistance

2.9V | 0.42 Ohms
3.0V | 0.45 Ohms
3.1V | 0.48 Ohms
3.2V | 0.51 Ohms
3.3V | 0.54 Ohms
3.4V | 0.58 Ohms
3.5V | 0.61 Ohms
3.6V | 0.65 Ohms
3.7V | 0.68 Ohms
3.8V | 0.72 Ohms
3.9V | 0.76 Ohms
4.0V | 0.80 Ohms

And so on and so forth until you reach 6V with a low limit of 1.8 Ohms

This would likely draw the sub ohm crowd back to the ProVari. As it is, the 3.5A limit is pretty restrictive. I think it's high power limit is fairly restrictive as well (I don't have the current spreadsheet with max power available...)

That is what they need to do with V3... Not a VW gimmick... Make it even more beastly by doubling down on the current limit and pumping the max power to 20W. All while making it the safest sub ohm mod on the planet...

I would never use it for sub ohm vaping, to be quite honest... But I am pretty sure a lot of mechanical users who are safety conscious would grab one up...

Also, take a que from the eVic / SvoeMestro / Poldiac folks and make the ProVari a modular device. Give us a control head, swappable battery tubes, and a user replaceable top cap. I personally don't care for the extension caps... Give me an 18350 tube, and 18490 tube, and an 18650 tube... This way any time they improve the guts, all you have to do is buy a new control head and BAM you're upgraded. They would actually make more money this way rather than the current method of charging $20 for an upgrade, sell a new control head for $100... I would buy a new one!

And give us better color options!

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Variable wattage and sub ohm? :blink:

Let's combine the variable wattage "I want a device so automatic I don't have to think about anything" mentality with the sub ohm "you'd better be able to think a lot about everything going on here" necessity and see what happens.

Somehow I don't see this combo ever showing up in a Provari.

Last edited:

flybykite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I could see Provape offering different chip set options similar to being able to choose LED color and such. That could satisfy nearly the entire market if they would offer a chip that had 7 amp cutoff. I'm not sure how much engineering would be needed for this but I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult or too large an investment for Provape.
I'm able to vape .8 micro coil at 2.9 and 3 volts on the stock setup. Thats the limit though.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Wouldn't you agree that sub ohm vaping would be a lot safer doing it on a power regulated precision engineered device like a ProVari with all the safety essentials they add?

I mean, a Corvette ZR1 can go 200MPH... Know what I mean? :D You put 14 airbags all around me, 5-point safety restraint, a reinforced roll cage, huge anti lock brakes, fuel cutoffs, and on-star and I'll feel a lot better about driving fast... I know I shouldn't do it, but good lord it's fun!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I didn't know anybody that vaped, so started vaping with Halo G6 gear that I discovered on my own after doing a bunch of research for a "cig-a-like" that was better than the Blu brand I first saw advertised. They did just fine for starters as one of the best choices IMO, but I was very soon ready to do more than they could do. I toyed with the idea of their Triton line, was waiting for their Twist battery to come out, or considered just diving into the Ego Twist line. About that time the mentor I met on these forums that offered to help me get into vaping beyond the Halo G6 gear was into the Sigelei line of clones then. Their mechanical mods because he liked to tinker with sub ohm and building coils, he had 2 of their then current Zmax V3 VV/VW's and used a lot of Kanger top gear. So I promptly had 3 Sigeli mech mods, their newest Zmax V5 VV/VW, Kanger everything in quantity, started building my own coils to dive into the sub ohm, got into using mesh, etc. His lead even got me started very early with DYI liquids, which I also dove into full spead ahead. So alot to learn came down the track at me all at once. Alot of all nighters doing research to figure it all out and how to improve on it went on for weeks/months. A fair chunk of change was invested in short order into a bunch of gear and supplies and tools. That was all OK, I was along for the long haul. It mostly all worked for starters, no real regrets although I don't really like the Kanger stuff. I wanted more, and I wanted better than the clones. The Megalodon was my break away from the Asian clone mech mods. A solid device made in the UK it has been great for me with all the extension tubes for it I also picked up that makes it a VV in a sense. Even so 99% of the time it is used in '350 config and dripped with a rebuildable compact atty or a drip carto that makes a small package in my hands that is a joy to use and easy to take anywhere. I seldom use the Asian mechanical clones or their top gear anymore because of it. I have liked the Sigelei V5 well enough and do use the VV/VW to run my DYI liquids at their optimum for me. But it also has a lot of features that I never use and knew I would never use before I got in on the preorder for it. IE, I don't need a backup cell phone charger FCOL, could care less about the puff counts, etc. It has been very reliable, but to move forward, after a lot of reading I decided that the ProVari line made in America would be my break away from any future similar clones. The ProVari do all I need or care about from a variable device, and it is constantly said they do it all very well. That is way more than much better enough for me, and their being made in America is solid gold. I will still use the V5 for now anyway and still use the G6 gear sometimes when I go out to run errands, but most of the clones and their top gear will be deligated to the clone bone yard. I've had my first two ProVari devices in hand since Friday, my collection of them will grow, as will a collection of better top gear for them.

There's always something new to keep me up all night it seems, but for the last 7-8 months its almost all been vape related. That works. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread