The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ProVari Version 3 Variable Wattage and sub ohm vaping...

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Maka, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    I had a mod with VW and I hated that thing. This is so much easier. I don't get the big deal with VW?

Don't even get me started on the puff counter. I despised that!!! Like I want to see how much of an obsessed addict I really am??? I'll choose to remain in denial. No puff counter.

2. Beretta

Beretta Unresolved Status Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    Mars
    ^^ This!!!

3. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    You know how, when "mobile phones" were made available to the public, not the "brick" but the more accessible devices, like back when the Nokia 3310 ruled the world. Even then, phone companies were making phones with added features. Nowadays there isn't much else you can add to a mobile phone. The point i'm making is a little like the "pen that is also a clock", remember that ?. I think you can still get them :laugh:. So anyway,:laugh:, how about a provari that is also a phone,:laugh:, oh, and a camera err,:laugh:, etc...

4. Jazzman

Jazzman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    I understand why there would be disagreement about what "New" features would be good to add to a Provari version. That's exactly as it should be! Different things are valuable to different folks. It would be a dull world if we all had the same tastes, desires and expectations. I even understand the few that want the Provari to never change form or function (if it was good enough for my grandfather it's good enough for me). But I honestly can't understand the view that if it's a new feature that Provape decides to add that it would make the device less reliable, accurate, or sturdy. Provape has the dedication, engineering, and pride to make any feature they choose to add the best in the business in all those areas. There is absolutely no need to worry it won't be done right. So at least for me that argument doesn't need to be part of this discussion. I have tremendous faith that Provari will always exceed expectations and remain industry leaders in accuracy and reliability. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe any Provari owner would even entertain such thoughts. Perhaps I'm just naïve.

5. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    most vapers have no desire to sub ohm ... Provape will continue to satisfy vapers with a great safe device.

Why branch out into devices that have a safety risk?

6. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
  7. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Let that poor horse RIP.

8. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Wish they would Zoe. It died peacefully a couple months ago, someone dug it back up last night to start this nonsense all over again & never came back. Hmm... that's a new one.

9. Jazzman

Jazzman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    I respectfully and totally disagree with this sentiment. I think healthy discourse is important to innovation and progress. This thread certainly has enough input to warrant a complete discussion (7 pages so far). For people on both sides of the proverbial fence(s). The discussion will end itself when people feel enough has been said. Whether you agree or disagree with the original premise, these types of discussions have a way of hiding jewels of insight that can be significant. Every post is potentially a game changer (or decidedly not) and I'm very sure Provape monitors these discussions closely. Especially since Provari owners are fiercely loyal and demanding of their products. And this is especially true since Provari owners seem to be more positive and respectful in their postings. It will truly be a dead topic if it devovles into bickering and kvetching like I see in so many non-Provari discussions. So just keep it positive and when momentum runs out, the topic will lay itself to rest. Unless of course it starts migrating towards Hitachi appliances and attachments ;)

10. Ozwald

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    Jazz, it's because this gets brought up over and over again. Go back through the pages through the last 4+ months. A lot of them last a lot longer than 7 pages. Sometimes into triple digits. They all end in the same spot. That being said, I'm out on this one. Ryan already said it best when this first got dug up.

Edit: Not to mention it's been said by someone with a bit more of a 'direct line' into it that VW is not going to be a concern for the v3 release, so it's all moot anyways. I guess we'll see the v4 VV/VW threads start popping up soon.

11. kbf101998

kbf101998 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2013
    Brentwood, Tn, USA
    When the horse is dead…dismount! :)

12. Preloader

Preloader Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Why they gotta give the black Jedi a grape flavored light saber though? Scandalous.

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I don't know if I said it "best," but I thought of more to add...
    I posted this in the other V3 thread, so I'll re-post it here as well, since it applies just as equally to this thread:

A lot of people really don't understand how ProVape and the ProVari have gained both a reputation and a following, and why neither are destined for obsolescence.
    Allow me to demonstrate how this works.

Exhibit A, Generic Chinese APV:

Our product is beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly. It's more durable than our last version and has more features, it also costs less than a ProVari, would you like to buy one?

Exhibit B, ProVape's ProVari:

We believe APV's should put out a good vape and not break. We believe the ProVari is the most reliable, durable, and consistent APV made. It's beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly, would you like to buy one?

ProVari owners buy into ProVape's core philosophy that an APV should be "military grade." It should work reliably and not break...and on the rare occasions when it does break, you should be able to fix it. ProVari owners tend to share ProVape's belief system. Look at the other APV's that ProVari owners tend to gravitate towards. REO's, Semovar's, and other durable and well built mods.

14. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Worth repeating to those who want a VW Provari;

Try this simple formula.

Take the resistance of the carto or clearomizer youre using then add two. You can adjust up or down in .1 volt increments from there to get to your sweet spot but nothing could be simpler.

Thats why you hear others including myself, say VW isnt needed.

3ohm carto plus 2 equals 5 volts.

2ohm head plus 2 equals 4 volts

Once get find a juice delivery system you like, whether its protank or a carto tank etc etc, just buy the same resistance every time.

I like 3ohms because they extend the life of my 18650 batteries by another 60-90 minutes.

My VW device is my finger and a mouse as they put 20-30 of the same cartos in my shopping cart at checkout. I havent had to change the voltage on my Provari in almost a year.

15. Smoot

Smoot Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2012
    Reno, NV
    The version 3 should be branded with codename "K.I.S.S." Keep-It-Simple-Stupid. And nothing else.
    Ditch the crop circles, and I'll buy two.

16. faulkan

faulkan Full Member Verified Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    I agree wholeheartedly. Sub-ohm vaping should be restricted to mechanical mods. My Provari/Kayfun Lite+ setup is my ADV but I also carry my mech mod with Helios set up with dual micro coils and cotton wicks at .41 ohms for when I want to blow some clouds and have a little fun.

17. dubbya

dubbya Full Member Verified Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    The puff counter on my MVP is my single biggest pet peeve with any device I own. I want to adjust voltage buuuuut I have to wait on the stupid counter to get out of the way. Oops! I went a bit too high. Blasted thing is there again. The only reason I haven't sold it is because it's the only other flat signal VV device on the market and I can't afford a second Provari yet. The day that I can, the MVP will be either for sale or in a drawer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.