Not open for further replies.

a_rey88

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
bay area, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
Hi everyone!

How many of you sub-ohm vape and what kinda of setups do you run? rda or RBAs and what resistance?Do you run mech mods or variable voltage mods?

I've noticed many more high amp limit variable wattage box mods coming out and some with some very high wattage capabilities that I personally wouldn't find my self using in the upper wattage range.

It's very interesting watching how the vape community evolves and the technology advancements for us.

a_rey88

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
bay area, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
The cloud chasing can definitely be argued both ways. I do like blowing a big could and personally it makes it fun and a little relaxing sitting back and blowing big clouds. At the same time after rebuilding and doing this for awhile I miss the simplicity of changing a coil and being able to vape again right away.

The biggest factor for me with RDAs and sub ohm is more for the fullness of vape I get and also the warm throat hit rather than chasing for a bigger cloud. Although I do admit we had a good run with competing who can blow the biggest could in the office and that was fun for a bit.

With higher powered variable voltage mods becoming more widely available I personally never see myself using more than 100W of power and most of the time sit around 70W with my box.

The math part of it is definitely important to understand when getting into rebuildables but after getting the hang of it, it's not always needed.

The Aspire Atlantis is a clearomizer I'm looking forward to getting my hands on after seeing some reviews online.

Liquid-Chris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Livermore, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
As an eliquid chemist for about four years now (two with a previous company and the last two with Apollo) it can be hard keeping up with the latest. A year and a half ago RDA's started showing in force and I was convinced they were a passing fad. NOT. First reactions were 1: Why, 2: Why and 3: Why??? The first few times I tried them, after I stopped coughing up my lungs, I couldn't figure out why the hell anybody would go that route when there are perfectly good, and much more user friendly devices.

They stuck around, and eventually I came around. I found out 1: The best tank liquids are not the best dripping liquids. 2: The best dripping liquid don't always make the best tank liquids. 3: The best dripping liquids, when dripped are the ultimate flavor experience for advanced users.

Advanced user! If you throw a 70w 0.1ohm build to a noob, they will probably be turned off from ecigs for life. After you have gone the disposable route, then the eGo, THEN start playing with them, but realize you will have to match dripping liquids to RDA's as PG laden tank liquids in high nicotine levels will ruin the experience.

Last edited:

a_rey88

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
bay area, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
The best thing about reBuilding is the cheap cost. For the price of a 5 pack aspire bvc I can buy 100' of kanthal and 500 feet of rayon. That's enough to build thousands of coils.

Yes, using RDAs or any rebuildable tank atomizers definitely wins in the cost effectiveness area. I remember rebuilding protank coil heads back when I used to use those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread