ProVari - you have me in your power

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Here it is, only two weeks into vaping (which means 2 weeks off of analogs, completely and totally). Reading, rereading, and reading again on ECF, not to mention the hours of watching youtube vids 'til my eyes were crossed I believe my husband and I are going to step up from the Johnson Creek VEA and just GO FOR IT! I have 2 ProVari's in the shopping cart and waiting until Monday for the Labor Day sale (Hey, 5% is 5% - LOL)

Anyway, before Monday gets here, this is the setup for both:

ProVari - Satin Silver
18650 Extension Cap
2 18650 AW IMR batteries
1 Year Extended Warranty
Blue Display and LED (think for 15 bucks it's going to be much easier on the eyes than Red, but that's just me)

Also went ahead and ordered a couple of those battery storage cases, why not for 99 cents. And got the Pila Charger. YAY!

I am getting ready to hit the "checkout" button over at GotVapes for the awesome deal on the Vivi Nova V2.5, 3.5ml tanks. The tanks are all I need correct? Meaning, I don't have to purchase extra cartomizers, etc, right? Only thing I may have to do is purchase more of the prebuilt Vivi Nova Heads or learn to rebuild???? Never used a tank system before, but understand this V2.5 is the one to go with for the "bang for your buck". How long do the heads last anyway?

Everything I've read about the ViVi Nova and the ProVari is I will need an extension or 510 to 510 connector. Will this link below at GotVapes be the exact little item I am looking for?

510 Mini Extender 6.5mm [gotvapes-510MINIextender-adapter] - $3.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

If it is, I will make sure to order along with the tanks, if not could someone point me in the right direction?

WHEW! Is there anything I left out ... anything else I should purchase along this journey? :) My husband and I love being off analogs so much and the way we feel after only 2 weeks, we figured, go with something that's going to last a good, long time. I look forward to everyone's responses.

NetteG

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
That's a heckuva set up you are about to buy. Nice job! The Nova tanks fit the Vari without an extension. If you use something like the stardust/CE4 you'll need a 510 to eGo adapter. They sell them at ProVape, might as well toss one in the cart. They are cheap and very well made.

The Gotvapes Novas come with three heads I do believe. They last a good while, I'm very pleased with them. Could always toss a couple extras of those in the cart, you'll use them eventually and won't be caught without one.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Thanks Spicy - So the 510 to Ego (just for giggles ... gotcha) :thumbs: I thought I had read somewhere there was a problem with the venting with the new V2.5 that's why I was asking. Of course, I have read so much since finding ECF my brain is in overload ... :) And no worries, I got 6 of the regular ViVi Novas in the cart right now just in case I want to try other flavors on top of my daily vape. I'm discovering can never have TOO many ... at least that justifies buying more goodies. :lol:

BeeBop - it's the regular ViVi Nova, the one with the interchangeable heads, I've doubled and tripled check just to make sure. :)

Kay - Got juice from Johnson Creek that both my husband and I have been vaping on ... not to mention a shipment coming in from Virgin Vapor :w00t: We should be :vapor: like kings and queens soon. HA!

Thanks again for the responses all .... I'm sure I'll be posting more next week to the tune of "why won't it get here faster" <heh>

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
I want to try and get the provari with green led.

Maybe you're already aware of this but I was informed on 8/28 via email from Cecilia from Provape: 6-7 wks before the
green led will be available again. I'm jonesing pretty bad for that green led also. Maybe the ecf classifieds ??

Soulfree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
S.F Bay Area, Ca
Maybe you're already aware of this but I was informed on 8/28 via email from Cecilia from Provape: 6-7 wks before the
green led will be available again. I'm jonesing pretty bad for that green led also. Maybe the ecf classifieds ??

I wasn't, thanks for the heads up...

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Soul - ordering direct from ProVape... they are running a sale of 5% off on Monday... so I figure why wait... not a huge discount but a discount none the less. Thanks for giving the info about the green LED Chohan... I thought the blue would be much easier on the eyes than the red...but the green would have been cool too especially on the satin silver or the satin black!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Congrats on your future Provari's and Vivi Nova tanks. It looks like you did well with your research efforts and will be well ahead of the game. Very nice setups. Kudo's on the Pila charger, also. (Mine works great and provides speedy recharges - very pleased I made the investment choice on this.) Be sure to send pics once you get everything together and get settled. We all love pics here.

I just received my own Provari a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. This is such a fine vaping device, you don't realize just how much until you actually hold one in your hand to see the detail and heft it has. And it is not as big as it appears in pics online. I ordered mine the first day the new colors were offered. Below is mine:

View attachment 131518

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
Man that looks nice, congrats! I plan on getting myself a Provari some day. First I have to get rid of the many other mods I have tried. I agree with you, the size was shocking to me as I expected them to be much bigger, and the heft was really nice. You could tell it was well made. (I got to play with one at a vape meet)

Enjoy your new toy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
I've got 4 vivi nova's and switch quite often. Juice was just tasting toasty and I thought what atomizer do I have in this one? 1.8, need to drop the voltage. I could probably figure that out but having this device keep you out of trouble is really nice.
I love the blue LED's on the Satin Silver but I would have gone with green I think.

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Baditude, thanks! Everything I had read concerning the Pila charger made sense ... if you're going to spend that kind of money on a PV you might as well make sure your charger is the same top quality. I just didn't see any other way around it than droppin' the dinero! :) And no worries, I will set them both up and take photos when they come in ... building up my juice arsenal this weekend as well as it seems the vendors on here are running some great deals which gives me and my husband an opportunity to try other flavors (we've been vaping only Johnson Creek's Red Oak line) That's a sweet one you have, what is that tank? Blue and orange ... if it were a darker blue it would remind me of "Da Bears" especially being football season is here. HA!

Codemonkey - thank you as well, I think it's going to be a nice setup. I kept going back and forth on it ... spend the cash now? Look for something different until the first of the year ... then finally my husband looked at me and put it in terms of "the long run" and it just seemed logical to go ahead and buy it now ............ besides and don't tell him, but if we like it, it gives me the opportunity to buy another one at the first of the year anyway. :laugh: I hope you have the opportunity soon, especially if you want one! :)

Oxygen - I agree about the keeping you out of trouble with the safety features the ProVari has ... I thought I had read something about 3ohm or higher but all that stuff is still so confusing for me ... I'm kind of figuring it out as I go. I know the ViVi Nova tanks have the 2.8ohm head ... and I think I saw something in my searches out here about a 3.2ohm, just don't remember where I saw it. I agree with the blue LED, the green would have been cool too, but if they had that, I would have had to buy the black satin. <heh>

Thanks again for the comments everyone ... ECF is truly a FANTASTIC place to be for those of us who vape whether newbies or veterans. :toast:

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I have the Provari and am extremely satisfied with it. When I got mine I ordered the kit, which comes with 2 18490 batteries, and I also got the extension and one 18650. I have found that the 18490 battery lasts a long while so I hardly ever use the 18650. Also, the extension doesn't look as nice as the original end and the unit doesn't sit upright as solid with the extension as it does with the included end. If I had it to do over I'd forgo the extension and 18650. It also fits in my hand much better without the extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread