Newbie considering a Provari- Questions for you veterans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaious

Mar 5, 2013
LA
So I've been a long-time lurker, and I currently own an eGo Twist and Stardust. Great starters, but through extensive research all signs have shown me that getting a Provari is pretty much the endgame for the APV search.

My train of thought is that getting the Provari, while I'm still a newbie, is actually a money-saver, as I won't waste my money on PVs that are only steps to a Provari.

However, with this, I'm unsure about a lot of things surrounding the Provari... and here's where I'm hoping you veterans can help me out :).

Questions:

1) The charger- currently the Pila charger is out of stock, will the MultiCharger that comes in the drop-down menu be sufficient? (I'm getting a 18650 battery with the extension, and I don't mind longer charge times)

2) The tank size- it's just the standard 510 connection, right? (Something like the Phiniac Regular or Vivi Nova will fit fine?)

3) How many tanks should I get? I'm a fiend for choice, and my current collection is 20 different juices. My to-buy list is 50 and counting (I'm sharing with my boyfriend- so no, it's not all for me alone to vape). Is 2 really nice, solid tanks, and 3-4 cheaper but still solid tanks (something like the Vivi Nova or similar) enough?

4) Should I get one metal tank dedicated to flavors such as cinnamon, etc. (flavors that tend to crack tanks) or just use short-term cartomizers?

5) How many atomizer heads/cartomizers for my tanks should I keep in stock at all times?

6) How many 18650 batteries should I order? Is 2 enough?

Sorry if any of these questions seem stupid! vaping is kind of an information overload but I'm excited to learn more about it :).

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
) The charger- currently the Pila charger is out of stock, will the MultiCharger that comes in the drop-down menu be sufficient? (I'm getting a 18650 battery with the extension, and I don't mind longer charge times) - The charger they sell is a fine one. It is more than sufficient

2) The tank size- it's just the standard 510 connection, right? (Something like the Phiniac Regular or Vivi Nova will fit fine?) That is correct

3) How many tanks should I get? I'm a fiend for choice, and my current collection is 20 different juices. My to-buy list is 50 and counting (I'm sharing with my boyfriend- so no, it's not all for me alone to vape). Is 2 really nice, solid tanks, and 3-4 cheaper but still solid tanks (something like the Vivi Nova or similar) enough? - This is a personal choice. I have 6 or 7 at all times. You could just use cartos if you like rather than having so many tanks. Would be cheaper.

4) Should I get one metal tank dedicated to flavors such as cinnamon, etc. (flavors that tend to crack tanks) or just use short-term cartomizers? - Again, personal choice - I have a few pyrex tanks (cinnamon does not effect them)

5) How many atomizer heads/cartomizers for my tanks should I keep in stock at all times? - Up to you :)

6) How many 18650 batteries should I order? Is 2 enough? - 2 is enough - The more you have the less chance of you being without power. I own 3 per PV

d3p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Belgium
1) Yes

2) Indeed, both will fit without a problem.

3) This is a mere personal choice depending on your vaping style. Imo I think what you listed will be sufficient. The solid tanks will last you a while and very often new clearomizers hit the marked that are superior to the older ones, so I advice not getting to many of them.

4) This is again personal preference. If you don't like the amount of vapetime you get from a carto and all the refilling etc. I suggest getting a metal or a glass tank.

5) Also personal, but the answer is simple: your stock should allow you to keep away from analogs/satisfy your nicotine cravings at all times, even when things go bad and you should have a certain 'backup buffer' to get you through until your next order arrives.

6) Imo: yes. You can always buy more later but don't see the point in having more unless maybe if you get more PVs that take 18650s.

d3p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Belgium
I would point out that the Provari isn't the "end game". One PV is never enough. So those "steps" up to the Provari do serve a purpose. They're called backups.

Agreed. However sometimes a new vaper might want to skip a certain 'step', for example buying a certain kit because the batteries are slightly bigger or something like that. Chances are that same kit would just end up in the trash a few months later.

Kaious

Mar 5, 2013
LA
I would point out that the Provari isn't the "end game". One PV is never enough. So those "steps" up to the Provari do serve a purpose. They're called backups.

True, I think I said it wrong with the phrase "end-game". I guess I meant more that the Provari is something that I've seen that would give me a better vaping experience. The more I read about it the more I crave it :3.

el lobo furtivo

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Akron, OH
I don't have much to add that hasn't been said but you should look at the Nitecore i4 charger. You can pick them up on Amazon for ~$25 and it will charge 4 batteries at the same time, no matter what kind or size they are. Mine charges my 18350's in about 2 hours and my 18490's in about 3. The 18650's do take around 5-6 though. And as a rule of thumb for your other questions, buy as many as you can reasonably afford. It's not like you'll never use them and it's always better to have excess and not need them than to need them and not have any.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
I don't have much to add that hasn't been said but you should look at the Nitecore i4 charger. You can pick them up on Amazon for ~$25 and it will charge 4 batteries at the same time, no matter what kind or size they are. Mine charges my 18350's in about 2 hours and my 18490's in about 3. The 18650's do take around 5-6 though. And as a rule of thumb for your other questions, buy as many as you can reasonably afford. It's not like you'll never use them and it's always better to have excess and not need them than to need them and not have any.

Thank you! I'd been looking at that same charger and have it in my shopping cart. Just never pulled the trigger. Think I'll go ahead and do it today. Plus, it qualifies for Prime shipping (free 2nd day)!

hope1

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
ARIZONA
LOve love love my provari. I have been using a vivi nova, no real issues, but I also love my new Pro V2 cartomizer tank by Vaperfexion. Has color options and matches the provari excellent. I was new to the cartomizer tank, but I am liking it. You use a pre-punched cartomizer 3.0, with a tank around it. What I like about it--very consistent flavor, no burn taste, consistent draw, lasts as long as a vivi if not longer...liking it. I am a freak about my vaping....(long time smoker)...I have 2 regular size provaris and a mini. I love having all three!...the backup thing....insurance in case of alien invasion, etc... I have tanks dedicated to flavors--wine, mint, and lime. When i get curious about other flavors, I throw the flavor in an ego tank and see if it is worthy of makign it to a tank. I have two 18650 batts and just ordered another--the backup thing. ha. Best wishes. I hope you love your provari. I just love mine. I did buy a highly sought after hybrid with a rebuildable atty--I don't like it. Inconsistent, takes a long time to 'break in' the atty, inconsistent for me....love the provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread