Public vapin! where do you feel comfortable vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Back when i started, i was a bit careless and ignorant with my vaping habbits. because of that fact that i was no longer smoking and i thought i could vape anywhere, i would pretty much vape wherever, and whenever (pretty much) at the grocery store, at the chese cake factory, lol. wherever. Untill i was at an "In-N-Out burger" over by where i live, and one of the managers got really angry at me for vaping. he was a big guy and i look young and i guess he felt that he could talk to me in a really disrespectful patronizing tone. so he came up and said "hey buddy! (sarcastically) dont do that in here, okay! if i see you doing that again you going to have to leave, show some respect to the other customers!" i told him "hey man, im sorry, i thought it was okay. its not smoke, and its legal indoors." and he said "i dont care, you wont do it in here!" and he walked off and me and my friends left.

I felt really bad about the way he responded and it sort of mad me look at things differently. certain establishments, weather it be a restaurant or whatever, dont really want people blowing clouds inside. it isn't the image they want their customers to see i guess.

after vaping for a few years, i feel a lot more comfortable making sure that the people in charge are cool with me vaping. when i go to Outback Steakhouse, i know that they let me vape there but i always ask to make sure. they normally go and ask the person in charge and If they say "yea its fine" i will go ahead and vape. at some places, like a bar i was at with my friends a while back, they told me it was fine to vape and they allow it for a while, but then someone will come by and say "hey, im sorry, but my manager doesnt want you to do that in here, its okay if you go outside, but not in here". At least i asked and dont end up being treated like a miscreant or something.

Ill tell you what though, places that let me vape see my face a lot more than the places that dont. i like to be able to sit back, relax, and vape without having to worry about getting kicked out or something.

It would be very cool to see "Vapers Welcome!" posted up at restaurants and bars here and there. someone should do that!

I cant wait for a day when us vapers can do what we do without worrying about being judged or looked down upon. I mean, not too long ago, smoking cigarettes in public was okay! I hate feeling as though maybe the owner of the restaurant cant wait for the time that i leave. you know?

hopefully soon our society will be more educated about vaping and this wont be an issue for us any more!

Thank you for listening! tell me about some of your public vaping experiences!

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
I vape everywhere. Grocery stores, restaurants, office buildings, you name it, I don't restrain myself anymore like I had to with smoking. It's one of the upsides that made me switch from analogs.

That said, I DO use some discretion. I keep the clouds under control, avoid doing it when people are looking, stay off the tables and keep my clothes on, try no.......uh.......did I say that out loud? 0.o

As in all things, if you don't make trouble, there won't be trouble.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
I just use my interpretation of common sense about it. I will usually step outside to vape unless I'm in a place that obviously allows smoking. I was in a coffee shop studying the other day, so I would step outside every so often. The guy behind the counter comes outside and says 'hey man, you know you can do that inside right?' I said that I didn't know but would prefer to act on the side of caution.

Vaping in the grocery store is just begging to make a spectacle, or at the very least, be inconvenienced in some way.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
I have come so close to doing that in restaurants. I think it is my age showing. I remember being able to smoke at table in a restaurant.

So do I, and I'm in my mid 20's. We used to end up at waffle house after a night of drinking, and chain smoke. The good ol' days. I swear, if I could find a waffle house that still allowed smoking, I'd probably bum a smoke.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah, I always have the desire to vape while I'm grocery shopping. Going down those endless aisles, searching for mini penne, and losing my mind. I like grocery shopping, but I really wish that I could vape in there, openly, just to take the edge off a little. But then people would stare, and ask me questions, and I'm too introverted to have that. One of my friends at a local B&M said that where she's from in Arizona, people pretty much vape everywhere. That sounds just lovely to me!

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I only vape where I smoked. Don't really feel a need to vape elsewhere. If I ever feel like I can't make it through the mall without vaping then I will think it's time to cut back my nic consumption.

this made me laugh...all the malls around here have kioks where they sell e-ciggs and vape out in the open....since they do I do :) maybe a few of those thinking of switching will ask me questions instead of buying an over priced cigg-a-like:vapor:

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
this made me laugh...all the malls around here have kioks where they sell e-ciggs and vape out in the open....since they do I do :) maybe a few of those thinking of switching will ask me questions instead of buying an over priced cigg-a-like:vapor:

Hopefully we when people see vape stores in malls more often, they wont trip out too much.

abstractcousin

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Hey yall! quick little update i quess,

last night i went to Roscoes in hollywood, they didnt allow vaping. but i didnt mind too much. then i found myself at a Thai bar/restaurant. i saw a lot of people vaping! i will definitely be going back! chill atmosphere, and the beer wasnt overpriced.

this might have just been because it was hollywood and not the suburbs, but either way, it was nice!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I was at the doctors in the waiting room today and this woman was staring at me while I was holding my PV (ego w/ tank), and I realized people freak out when the vape is expelled mostly. So I vaped and simply held my breath for 1-2 seconds and it disappeared and she was fine then.

People don't care if we vape, people care if we violate their space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread