Punching Cartos with the Watts Saddle Valve.... Air Bubbles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.
My buddy attempted to punch a (pre-punched) smoktech carto using the watts Saddle Valve.

I think he may have made the holes too big, but he's saying air bubbles appear around the holes....and he can't seem to shake them, and they keep coming back, preventing juice from getting in.

Have any of you had difficulties with air bubbles? Did he just make the holes too big?

Cheers,

KillFace

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
The only time I've had bubbles STAY on the hole was when I only punched one hole and I was using a thicker juice. I punch 2 small holes all the time now and never have a problem.

I've heard of some folks with thick juice using 3 or even 4 holes.

I would try punching one more small hole just to see how it works.

This is ONLY if the bubbles are staying on the holes. If they come off after you draw, as opl says, this is normal.

4Sho

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
Toronto, ON, Canada
I don't how big he made the holes, but for 70/30 juice, I make one hole about 5/64" in dia. Air bubbles are normal, they mean that it is wicking. If I see a bubble, I know it's working correctly.

opl is right, if you do not want to punch another hole, then your other option is to make your juice thinner by using plain old pg, or simply use a different juice which has a higher pg ratio to vg or even a 100% pg. jus my 2 cents on the other option there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread