Pure Glycerin USP - ?? Is this the same as VG??

Status
Not open for further replies.

katwb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2014
Calhoun, GA
I went to my local pharm to pick up my prescript - and was browing around. I had heard you could buy VG base in the "skin care" section .... so I decided to take a look. Sure enough - Pure Glycerin USP ..... is this VG base?? It says its 99.5% pure - has no smell or taste that I can tell .... does anyone know if this is safe??

katwb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2014
Calhoun, GA
Oh nice..... The one I found was $5 for 177 ml - pharmacies prices always seem to be higher ..... Haven't checked Walmart yet - will do that tomorrow!! I have a few old liquids that I hate to waste! .... so I am planing on mixing them up and trying to make them useful! To much to waste!! Plus they are 18 and I am down now to 12 -What about the "concentrated flavors" you can buy at the grocery store??

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
There made for flavoring food, really not for vaping.

You would be better off buying flavoring made specifically for e-juice .... It's really not expensive.

Technically ALL flavors are made for food, not vaping. GRAS (generally recognized as safe) is for eating or drinking, not inhaling. But that does not keep sellers from making you think the flavors are approved for vaping...but there is no such approval system with the FDA as yet.

And drug-store glycerin simply labeled as glycerin is PROBABLY made from plant oil (VG), but technically does not have to be. Beef and pork fat are also sources of glycerin, and allowed if it does not say otherwise. But chances are it is VG. That said, animal sourced glycerin is also fine to use, as long as it is USP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread