Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I also made Honey Nuts. . 5 honey, 1.5 or 2 nut mix, 1 vanilla bourbon or classic.... Not bad! Honey IS powerful. Also made one with .75 Ceylon.

I diluted my flavoring bottle of Honey to half-strength. Makes it easier to measure the tiny percents I use. Nut and honey - needs a shot o' Whiskey ;) And wood paneling in the room where you vape it.

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
So what do you think of the Mangosteen? Can you describe it better than I can (low bar, I know, LOL)?

To me, its almost like a smoothie, a little of different tropical fruits. I do get some pear, maybe banana and orange. I'll have to vape it straight for a while. Taste buds are a little wacked right now, been tasting to much stuff....lol.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Do you think its the meringue or the brown sugar making it too sweet, couldn't you drop the meringue?

I do wonder how it'd be without it. Just used it trying to create the cream filling of the cookie, which is also really sweet. I'll play more this weekend :)

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I diluted my flavoring bottle of Honey to half-strength. Makes it easier to measure the tiny percents I use. Nut and honey - needs a shot o' Whiskey ;) And wood paneling in the room where you vape it.

Lol! I grew up with barn wood paneling, lmao. Mom had a thing for barrel furniture at that time, too. Diamond cut outs and all! Ah the 70's.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I've finally gotten to try the Lemon Sicily. It's REALLY nice!! We2 had posted this recipe, next I'm going to make Bryon's Lemon Delight cookie. Mixing days are usually Friday for me.

Lemon Sicily FA 4-5%
Whipped Cream (TFA - no diketones/diacetyl) 2-3%
Cookie FA 1-1.5%

It's definitely a GREAT combo, no matter how you manage the details!

Also gonna make HIC's Lemon Custard!! Likin' this Sicily.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
If this has been posted, I apologize, though I'm finally getting around to testing a few new FA flavors, so I wanted to get a few opinions. I'm picking up a few samples of Cocoa, Almond, Marzipan and Torrone. They should be here sometime in the next week, so:

1). FA Chocolate .vs. Cocoa - Which is better? Chocolate, to me, needs to steep and comes off chemical-like. Is Cocoa the same?

2). FA Almond - Is this true to the nut, or closer to a cross between the real deal and the fake stuff on the shelves at Walmart?

3). Feel free to clue me in on Marzipan and Torrone as I've never had either, flavor wise or the actual thing.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
1). FA Chocolate .vs. Cocoa - Which is better? Chocolate, to me, needs to steep and comes off chemical-like. Is Cocoa the same?

2). FA Almond - Is this true to the nut, or closer to a cross between the real deal and the fake stuff on the shelves at Walmart?

3). Feel free to clue me in on Marzipan and Torrone as I've never had either, flavor wise or the actual thing.

Chocolate and Cocoa are vastly different. I use Choc or choc+cocoa only as a liqueur flavor in complex recipes. It tastes like an alcoholic beverage to me, and works well as one if the recipe is just right. Standalone Chocolate? No way, not for me. Cocoa is perfectly named; you'll see when you try it. With VT nic, it's excellent standalone or with a hint of b'scotch, caramel, marshmallow...something sweet/creamy. With WL nic, it takes a lot of additions (IMO) to taste sweet enough, and it's a balancing act to keep the superb cocoa flavor versus getting it sweet/creamy enough. The improvement in Cocoa alone is enough reason to get VT nic! My favorite recipes with Cocoa are my Basic Cocoa Cookies and Thin Mints. They're excellent chocolate flavors made with Cocoa and work with any nic base.

Almond smells like almond extract made from sweet almonds. Marzipan is almond paste made into candy, so it's very sweet, but with the flavor of bitter almond. Bitter almond is the distinctive flavor in amaretto liqueur. I use it as a sweetener in recipes that need a bit of almond or liqueur flavor. Check out my Amaretto Disaronno recipe to see how Almond and Marzipan work together. I use almond exactly like I'd use almond extract. Sometimes you need both, for a balanced almond flavor. I don't like real marzipan (though I love amaretto), but it's great for vape recipes.

Torrone is Italian nougat candy - google photos, bet you've had it. I sometimes use it as a sweetener in Italian-inspired recipes. Mostly, I use it as torrone! Great plain, or add one nut flavor and/or fruit for authentic Italian candy. (pistachio-cherry, walnut-mandarin, like that) I don't like real torrone, but even standalone, it's a favorite vape for me.

Except for Chocolate, the flavors you asked about are all perfectly accurate to their names. Cocoa, Torrone, and Marzipan in particular are 3 of FA's very best. No other brand comes close to similar flavors and, armed with an Italian dessert cookbook, you can make awesome vape recipes. In fact, you couldn't make accurate Italian dessert flavors without them (and espresso, and several others).

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013

vangrl27

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
vancouver
Wow you guys are on a roll, I keep getting more flavors to try your wonderful recipes only to find a new recipe with a new flavoring I don't have. I guess I'll end up buying them all :)

I mixed HIC Sunrise Smoothie last night and it is outstanding ! Thanks HIC its a really nice refreshing vape. Thanks to everyone that shares their recipes ,this really is the best thread in the DIY section. Hopefully in the near future I will mix something worth sharing.

I hear you, I just put in an order for another 15 flavours at Pure Vapes, I think I have almost their entire line now, minus a few I can't imagine liking.

Are you guys mostly dripping when you make small batches like this? or are you forever cleaning clearos to change out flavours?

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Here's one for the tobacconists. I finally nailed my Tuscan cigar recipe. I wasn't sure how it'd come out when i mixed it up, but a week later and it's probly my best recipe to date.

In a 30 ml batch:

6 drops Desert Ship (.6%)
2 drops Tuscan reserve (.2%)
6 drops 7 Leaves (.6%)
3 drops Black fire (.3%)
3 drops Vanilla Classic (.3%)
3 drops Vape Wizard (.3%)

%'s are rounded based on 35 drops per ml. Really nice, smooth cigar vape. Enjoy!

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
I hear you, I just put in an order for another 15 flavours at Pure Vapes, I think I have almost their entire line now, minus a few I can't imagine liking.

Are you guys mostly dripping when you make small batches like this? or are you forever cleaning clearos to change out flavours?

For fast testing flavors I use, Joyetech 510 Atomizer - MyFreedomSmokes.com. 2 drops of your flavor, vapor taste a couple of draws. To change flavor, I vape PG till clean, or rinse in warm water, then blow dry.

I just got a Magma Atomizer Clone by Infinite - 101 Vape, which I use for long testing to vape for a while

I use 100% Rayon Cotton, http://www.sallybeauty.com/cotton-coil/GRAHAM5,default,pd.html#prefn1=brand&prefv1=GRAHAM&brandLandingPage=true&start=5 not Organic Cotton. Rayon Wicks better, and has superior flavor. Don't scared by it, its actually safer than organic cotton. Also I can change flavors using it, without replacing the wick. After about 5 draws, the old flavor is completely gone.
Read more here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/561226-rayon-wick-better-flow-flavor-saturation-nic-hit.html

Last edited:

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
I use 100% Rayon Cotton, Graham CelluCotton Cotton Coil not Organic Cotton. Rayon Wicks better, and has superior flavor. Don't scared by it, its actually safer than organic cotton. Also I can change flavors using it, without replacing the wick. After about 5 draws, the old flavor is completely gone.
Read more here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/561226-rayon-wick-better-flow-flavor-saturation-nic-hit.html

Great info. Thanks. I had never heard of cotton that wasn't real cotton. Gotta try it now :)

Atlantisboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
USA
For fast testing flavors I use, Joyetech 510 Atomizer - MyFreedomSmokes.com. 2 drops of your flavor, vapor taste a couple of draws. To change flavor, I vape PG till clean, or rinse in warm water, then blow dry.

I just got a Magma Atomizer Clone by Infinite - 101 Vape, which I use for long testing to vape for a while

I use 100% Rayon Cotton, Graham CelluCotton Cotton Coil not Organic Cotton. Rayon Wicks better, and has superior flavor. Don't scared by it, its actually safer than organic cotton. Also I can change flavors using it, without replacing the wick. After about 5 draws, the old flavor is completely gone.

Thanks for the info and don't want to derail the thread but can you quickly sum up why you think its safer please.

kabalm18

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
USA

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
Thanks for the info and don't want to derail the thread but can you quickly sum up why you think its safer please.

In this day and age, it is made in a eco friendly environment, meaning no harmful chemicals are used in the processing of it. There is also no residue. Also one thing to consider is dry hits, I have yet to get a dry hit from rayon cotton. Dry hits is the stage of actual burning of the wick, if it burns you get the smoke from the burning wick, thus the nasty taste on dry hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread