Puresmokers 901 usb passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
Does anyone out there know how this device works? Just curious if it has a battery in it or does it just supply 5 volts right to the atomizer? I plan on buying one anyway because my 901 batteries are only lasting an hour or two at best now. Maybe if I stopped puffing on it 24/7 it would last longer?:rolleyes: Just wanted to figure out if my new Duracell battery pack will work with it or not.:)

jennydotz

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
West Virginia, USA
I have a usb pasthrough (from a diferent seller ) but i think they all work with the same way...it feeds of the 5volts from any usb port...no battery....i use mine on the computer and in the car cigarette lighter for 2 months now with no problems...

Hold the phone!! You can use a passthrough with a car charger? What do you need for that?

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Last edited:

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yeah I'm still waiting on my car adapter plug from Janty. They were out of stock when I ordered. I think there are a couple out there that will work though.

The one I got with my KB was only 500mah because their passthrough has the battery box attached. No box, then you will need a 1000mah one. Yes, they are all over the place. I got mine on ebay for like $2 but there might even be some around locally.

Lu

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I would avoid any Cheap Power Adapters (5 volt output at 1000mahs or other, this is minimum req though). I have been using these for years for other devices. The difference is with the cheap one's when the go kaput they make you device go kaput too...

The AC to DC Power Adapters That Are Better Models are Regulated Ones and a lot more money, but for its use it will depend on you & your device and what it is worth to you....

You can shop around and still find a regulated model at a reasonable price.

Ringo*

Feb 15, 2009
Bay Area, CA
anyone know if a 5.4v, 2amp usb plug would work? I have one from an old pda that i lost and would love to use it with the passthrough i'm about to receive

edit: okay, I just looked again and I actually have 2 possibilities:

1. I have a usb plug direct to the lighter. It is actually rated at 5v and 850 mah

2. I have a usb plug for the wall. IT is the one rated at 5.4v, 2amp. I also have an inverter for my vehicle's cigarette lighter so I could use it to plug this one in.

Please advise...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread