Purilum Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
I've been vaping a DIY recipe for a couple of years using Purilum Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk from Nic River (River Supply Co), as my main and only juice.

If you google this flavor, the results still point to that site, however it looks like it's been removed if you click it or search the site:
Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.39.41 PM.png

I'm guessing it may have been a custom flavor for Nic River?
If it's been discontinued, any suggestions for a replacement or replacement recipe?

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I know how you feel... have been very happy with most Purilum flavors (yes, they are weak so you have to use more but also very affordable) I read about one (Simply cake) that people liked just to find out it's not available anymore. I'll look around the website (River Supply) and see if they have something similar (I'm also interested in that profile)

Reactions: ThrashNeon

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the replies.

Yeah.. it looks like I'll have to adjust my recipe using those.

Purilum Creamy Caramel is one of my favourite caramels. I use it along with lots of creams at 3%. It's one of the stronger Purilum concentrates, so try it at 1-3%

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Purilum Creamy Caramel is one of my favourite caramels. I use it along with lots of creams at 3%. It's one of the stronger Purilum concentrates, so try it at 1-3%
    That's odd... I like it but still find it weak (like many PUR flavors) but it is a nice smooth caramel for sure. I use it (and VT Vanilla cream) in my tobacco mix (until I find a good RY4) Maybe it just gets lost in the stronger tobacco flavors.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    That's odd... I like it but still find it weak (like many PUR flavors) but it is a nice smooth caramel for sure. I use it (and VT Vanilla cream) in my tobacco mix (until I find a good RY4) Maybe it just gets lost in the stronger tobacco flavors.

Flavour percentages are so hard to gauge, as it really depends on your recipe, and the state of your taste buds. Everyone tastes things differently, and it's such an individual preference.

It took me a good year or so of being smoke-free before my mixes started tasting over-flavoured, and I could drop my flavour percentages down.

So 3% PUR Creamy Caramel in a mix may be just right for me, but for a new vaper they'd need 5 or 6%.

Reactions: kas122461

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
    May 12, 2009
    Do you know what % you had mixed that before? Also, do you like really sweet (I don't) or less sweet?
    My recipe (0mg nic):

ml/%

VG
    24.00 80.00

Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk (Purilum)
    3.19 10.63

Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) (FA)
    1.25 4.16

Malted Milk (TPA)
    1.25 4.16

SteviaClear Sweet Drops (NR)
    0.32 1.06

Totals
    30ml 100%

Since you've been buying this for a couple years from River Supply...I assume you are located in the US...correct?
    Yes.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    They also have Condensed milk (that might be a sweet one if you like that)
    I have some of the condensed milk. Use this sparingly as it can taste like you would imagine a wet musty sock would taste. And it does need to steep several days before it finally lays down and stops being prominent. It will eventually impart a sweet milky taste but not right away. 1% or less is about where you want to use this at. Not the 3.5% I tried the first time. That was just gross and nasty. Right up there in the same category as the dreaded black cherry cheesecake that I will proudly proclaim as my first failure. Egads, that stuff was just downright disgusting. I gave that away immediately and the dude I gave it to actually liked it. Go figure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread