Sep 27, 2008
Scotland

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
what a complete toolbox. be interesting to see if Summer Johnson PhD allows the counter comments s/he will no doubt be receiving in spades from our little community here.

what's up with the:
It turns out that no nicotine delivery device is good for you
and then below, the ad for "nicopass"

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Then create a special place for them. I read about five crappy blogs entries every day on e-smoking. None should be reposted, IMO. Certainly not in the heavily trafficked sections of this forum.

This one rises above normal "me think" blog entries, however.

Still, we have a crisis in Australia in this very section and we're devoting energy to one idiot's thoughts in a few paragraphs of a blog! Look at how many "guests" are visiting e-cigarette-forum daily. Do we really want them reading those junk thoughts, or would we rather they discovered consensus opinion by reading about here?

Last edited:

lintz69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
Poconos, PA
I posted the following, lets see if they post it? I am getting so freakin sick and tired of people and the world ragging on smokers. And when we do try to be safer for ourselves and those around us we are STILL persecuted. Here is what I posted:

"Do the facts. These are a much safer ALTERNATIVE to smoking. Allowing the user to be safer, not quit. Get your facts right jackass and stop putting down smokers. What happen to freedom? It's our choice to smoke. And if we choose to try and make it healthier for us and those around us, maybe you can give kudos instead of harassment."

<sigh>

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I agree, Rockbassray. And I've posted vicious stuff in public discussions following some news stories. I'll fight with any poster who has no knowledge about e-smoking and just wants all resemblance to tobacco smoking gone from the planet.

Education about e-smoking will be difficult, but must be done.

P.S. Er, calling someone jackass won't help us.

Last edited:

solution42

Dec 15, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
I think you have a great point there TropicalBob, these negative blog reports are obviously going to become more numerous as this issue gets more exposure. Having a seperate section of this forum dedicated to them, and labeled as such, would help filter them from what should in essence be a positive e-vaping/smoking/fogging/inhaling discussion area.

Then create a special place for them. I read about five crappy blogs entries every day on e-smoking. None should be reposted, IMO. Certainly not in the heavily trafficked sections of this forum.

This one rises above normal "me think" blog entries, however.

Still, we have a crisis in Australia in this very section and we're devoting energy to one idiot's thoughts in a few paragraphs of a blog! Look at how many "guests" are visiting e-cigarette-forum daily. Do we really want them reading those junk thoughts, or would we rather they discovered consensus opinion by reading about here?

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I would suggest just giving a short summary (indeed in a seperate place or thread), plus a link as in 'work to be done boys and girls here, go there and do your jobs'.

Because reposting their blogs here, just gives their thoughts more hits on the search-machines... leading to US as having those negatives on our forums... something we don't really want?

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany

It's pretty unfundamented for a PhD author :rolleyes:
He's citating the "malaysian study" claims for undeclared poisons in liquids which is not open published like in good scientfic practice or has anyone found a link to the full document?
Well, anyone who knows the culture in this region around Indonesia e.g. knows they hate Chinese people and everything coming from them.

The guerilla non-smoker fraction ;)
They don't want to see anything that only looks like a cigarette :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread