PWM mod project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a pwm project on the breadboard. Replaced the diodes with red and green leds. When the battery switch is on they both glow and the brighter the green diode the higher the duty cycle. Just using a tactile switch to gate of mosfet.
20160211_182027.jpg

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ok added a Dip 8 socket and re-routed the traces...

555%20PWM%202_zpsb4aynca0.jpg

I like the diodes on the board vs ones I have seen without them, all the chips are SMD vs through hole with the exception of the DIP 8 Socket.
The "S" by the + and - is to the switch which controls the gate of the mosfet.

About 10 bucks a piece if I have them made unpopulated.
Dan

Last edited:
Cool idea with the led's. I have a couple of pwm mods and really like them. I highly advise fuses on the battery.

Lol, good idea on the fuses. My first try at soldering up a buck regulator circuit based on the mc34063 on stripboard turned the copper trace of the board into a fuse. Apparently 35 amps at 7 volts is a bit much for proto board. I've since scraped that concept as too complicated. An atomizer doesn't care whether it gets clean dc or a pwm equivalent.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Lol, good idea on the fuses. My first try at soldering up a buck regulator circuit based on the mc34063 on stripboard turned the copper trace of the board into a fuse. Apparently 35 amps at 7 volts is a bit much for proto board. I've since scraped that concept as too complicated. An atomizer doesn't care whether it gets clean dc or a pwm equivalent.

The whole point of the mosfet is the board does not get that many amps drawn through it, with a 195a 40vdc N channel mosfet, the board for the PWM only gets max battery voltage with no load.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread