[Q] Battery quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Hey

In the market for batteries, which is annoying given international shipping restrictions so local it is. The local market site has these for sale. Theyre branded by Samsung, but Ive never heard of these (Megacanon) so I'm trying to suss out whether or not I should get them. I can be fairly risk prone, but not with batteries in a mech.

Thanks!
thumb4_154458387.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
No access to actual Samsung/Murata Sony/LG/Molicel batteries at all? What about distributors online who are in your country? That photo shows some 18650s rated with over 3,000 mAh (can't see a claimed "CDR"). Anything over that from the reputable manufacturers would be low current <10 A batteries meant for flashlights and other low current uses, not vaping. I would dig further, or hopefully someone from South Korea will pop by. Good luck!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Never heard of them. Company is Shina C&C (link below). I can’t see any of the battery specifications but that maybe due to how the Korean page translates to English. There is reference to both Samsung and LG. But all claim to have a protection circuit which means the battery will be larger than a typical 18650 and most likely will not fit your device. Personally, I would pass. What other batteries are available to you?

신아씨엔씨(주)

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Was thinking that myself after checking if theyre actually Sammies or not.

In Korea atm and apparently accd. to an online seller, the government cracked down on batteries sellers online. Which means either Chinese generics or nothing. Ironic given the location. Every other seller I've seen online either doesn't ship here or costs like a lot to ship, a few over $100. Ugh.

Thanks for the replies!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The fundamental truth is those are obvious rewraps so there is no way to know for sure what is underneath. However if you truly have no access to anything else then you may just have to use them. It might be worth it for you to reach out to Mooch and ask if he can suggest any reasonably priced battery testing equipment and if he can give any testing advice. That way if you buy one or two of those batteries, you can at least test what the CDR and mAh really are. If not maybe you can send him one of a couple different types for him to test himself.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think it might be important to know what you vape and how you vape.

You might vape on a mod that goes as high as 225W, but if you only vape it at 15W max on a 1.2 ohm coil, even a not-so-popular battery could do you just fine. Just because all you have available are batts that no one here would recommend, it doesn't mean that won't be OK for you to use.

But without that info, no one can really help you to any helpful degree, given your situation.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Hey

In the market for batteries, which is annoying given international shipping restrictions so local it is. The local market site has these for sale. Theyre branded by Samsung, but Ive never heard of these (Megacanon) so I'm trying to suss out whether or not I should get them. I can be fairly risk prone, but not with batteries in a mech.

Thanks!
    View attachment 857399

If those cells are all you can buy, I'd shelve the mech and stick to regulated mods for safety.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread