Status
Not open for further replies.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
My Plume gets hotter than the sun physically after about 2 solid pulls, so how do you deal with all that excess heat? Better the atty than the battery, but at the same time getting scorching vapor isn't exactly fun either, so what do you do?

Air flow will impede on cloud density, though not trying to chase those, but also the flavor while its at it...

MCCOY300

Mar 9, 2015
Oklahoma City
I leave my legs shorter on hotter builds to pull it in from the tube of my plume... Of course the obvious answer is build higher resistance coils. I also use my tobh top cap on my plume veil so the cooling fins help.

Im having a machinist turn a new tube for my plume veil that has thicker walls to match with my FUhattan... something like that would help you too with the thicker walls

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
I don't have a Plume veil, but my doge X will get Crazy hot, and that's just on a Dual Coil 0.2 ohm, so I leave the Airflow Wide open!! Keeps things cool.
I had a quad build on my Mutation X and it didn't get too hot, it was 0.2 ohm quad 28 ga, and the airflow is nothing like the Doge X, but it also could have been the Delrin cap keeping my lips safe! LoL
Try what McCoy said and use shorter legs, but you are running vertical coils, so that may be a little more difficult, but the further away from the top cap, could potentially keep temps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread