Status
Not open for further replies.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I have been a strictly carto guy since I started vaping 9 months ago. I use a REO Grand at 3.7v. I finally pulled the trigger and bought two LR510 2ohm attys from Ikenvape. Two and a half days later the first atty is dead. No sound, no heat, no vapor. All you ever read on here is that attys last weeks if not months. Anyone else had attys do this? At 8 bucks a piece, I think I will stick with my $1.50 cartos...LOL

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Unfortunately, the quality of e-cig stuff can be sketchy. I've had an atty that lasted 4 weeks, then I pull out the next one in the SAME box and it dies in 2 days. LR atties are more prone to death due to the increased heat i suspect. Typically Iken has good stuff. Perhaps try shooting him an email and see if he'd be willing to send you a replacement. Good luck.

To add: Be sure to keep the attys wet. I don't know if you were dripping with them or not. It can take some time to "learn the ropes" and there is a slight learning curve. It also takes a little time to break in. After a day or two the atty should be working optimally.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I get my atty's from avidvaper or ikenvape, and have generally had good luck with them. I use LR306's, and they typically last me a month or so. But I just had one crap out today after 5 days.

I bought a Bulli A2 atomizer a while back as my "doomsday" atty (it's rebuildable). The only drawback is it doesn't work with a bottom-feeder. Nice vape, though. There's a big review thread in the reviews section with lots of good info.

Last edited:

markingold

Mar 22, 2010
Muskogee, OK
I agree with JT. Another good rule with the LR atty's is to not drip on them when they are hot. Rapid cooling can cause them to crap out faster I've been told.

I have had pretty consistent bad luck with atomizers, but every once in a while I'll get one that lasts 4-6 weeks. I get the 510's in bulk for around $4.30 each, so I don't complain too much as long as they last me a week or so.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have been a strictly carto guy since I started vaping 9 months ago. I use a REO Grand at 3.7v. I finally pulled the trigger and bought two LR510 2ohm attys from Ikenvape. Two and a half days later the first atty is dead. No sound, no heat, no vapor. All you ever read on here is that attys last weeks if not months. Anyone else had attys do this? At 8 bucks a piece, I think I will stick with my $1.50 cartos...LOL

Both of these I got went within a week. Joyes last longer - ciscos longer still - ymmv, of course.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Unfortunately I am overseas right now so I don't really want to wait a few weeks for a replacement if he is willing to do it. I am a heavy vaporer and that atty was getting VERY hot. I also noticed it was impossible to not flood it when using the bottom feed. I like the consistancy of cartos so I may just stick with them.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Unfortunately I am overseas right now so I don't really want to wait a few weeks for a replacement if he is willing to do it. I am a heavy vaporer and that atty was getting VERY hot. I also noticed it was impossible to not flood it when using the bottom feed. I like the consistancy of cartos so I may just stick with them.

The only warranty on LRs is DOA. Right now, considering where you are - stick with cartos for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread