Question about base VG/PG/Nicotine/Supplier tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2017
Sooo.. I'm at the point now where my flavor index is sufficiently mega so far as I am concerned.. (35 lil' bottles of things lol how did this happen seriously..) But I am a little unsure if I am maximizing my base for what I really want to get out of it.

That being said I've been leaning towards 30/70 or 35/65 PG/VG blends
I vape 6mg nicotine (though I've done a light dabble in 3mg which was okay I think)

I have like a generic bottle of vape Wild 35/65 6mg unflavored nicotine base I've been using
I've been thinking about Naked Nicotine too.. Just ordered a sample to test.

- Does anyone have experience with VW nicotine base?
- Should I be changing my supplier if I want to get the most out of DIY?
- Does anyone have a preferred ratio of PG/VG they want to share and why so I can make some assessments plz?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Sooo.. I'm at the point now where my flavor index is sufficiently mega so far as I am concerned.. (35 lil' bottles of things lol how did this happen seriously..) But I am a little unsure if I am maximizing my base for what I really want to get out of it.

That being said I've been leaning towards 30/70 or 35/65 PG/VG blends
I vape 6mg nicotine (though I've done a light dabble in 3mg which was okay I think)

I have like a generic bottle of Vape Wild 35/65 6mg unflavored nicotine base I've been using
I've been thinking about Naked Nicotine too.. Just ordered a sample to test.

- Does anyone have experience with VW nicotine base?
- Should I be changing my supplier if I want to get the most out of DIY?
- Does anyone have a preferred ratio of PG/VG they want to share and why so I can make some assessments plz?
I use plain vg, plain pg, & straight 100mg/ml nic in pg. I can play with ratios as I choose.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I use 100mg/mL in 100% VG base, because I make my finished ratio 40PG/60VG. Since my ratio contains 60% VG, I get some of that 60% already in my nic base. Means I need to use less plain VG then. Also, if there's a spill...VG is thicker and spreads more slowly than PG. Easier and quicker to get it up.

Got those 2 little tips from Bill's Magic Vapor's blog when I first started DIY. (Bill's a very well-known, longtime, ECF member, who used to make eliquid commercially. He's unselfishly shared his extensive knowledge, recipes, tips and hints, etc. about DIY, on here for years.)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I mix with 75pg/25vg 100mg/ml nic base. I bought that particular nic mix because I vape 70pg/30vg juice. I probably could have bought 50/50 nic base and it would have been just as easy to mix, since the recipe calculator does all the math.

No matter what the PG/VG mix is in the nic, you still have to add WAY more PG and VG to create the final product. The nic is a tiny part of the whole recipe. At 50/50 final mix ratio I wouldn't run out of PG before I run out of VG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Should I be changing my supplier if I want to get the most out of DIY?
Just visited VW site. They offer 100 mg. in 30,60 ml. plastic clear bottles. This is the only con I could find. I would prefer a UV preventative tint, however, the small ml. quantity they are offering and by taking precautions against exposing the clear nic container to outside light, you should be ok. If you find the VW nic to your liking (peppery or not,taste good to you,smooth, hit, yada yada etc....) stick with them. I read quite a few nic (store bought/DIY) reviews and it all boils down to what YOU like.
One other point which may or may not be a con, VW may not be a ECF supporting vendor. If you have ECF supporting vendor problems, ECF vendors tend to be more responsive. I hope VW reads this and gets in touch/gets on board.
re: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search/7366191/?q=vape+wild&o=relevance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread