Question about cutting a batch of Unflavoured for mixing emperiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krull1981

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
UK
I did try searching but either couldn't think of the right query or didn't dig deep enough into the results so sorry if this has been asked before.

Ive been experimenting with some starter mixing fluid at 27mg strength and cutting it down to 12mg and flavouring it.

I was wondering is it a good idea to maybe make a 30ml batch of unflavoured 12mg and then decant that to smaller bottles at later dates adding different flavours to each one. I have been doing the cutting and flavouring all at once but find it a bit of a fiddle especially when i was only doing 2 ml at a time.

I was also a bit puzzled to how after adding the flavour to an unflavoured 12mg base would this cut the strength down.

Example: 2ml Unflavoured (12mg) + 0.2 to 0.4ml Flavouring would this cut it down to around 2.3ml 10mg flavoured

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Having gone through this process of learning how BEST to mix 'samples' - after 6 mos. of beginning with already mixed juices and 'fixing' them to my likes - haha - sometimes combining them, trying dif. flavors, etc.
I came to the point it was better to get my Nic in a PG base, then get some PG and some VG and some flavors (looking online to find suggested Brand flavoring percentages to begin adding with) -
then I use one of the calculators online to figure all the aspects out to your liking (there are several calculators! for different things: PG/VG base plus Nic & flavor, dif Nic combinations, 10 flavors plus nic and PG/VG, etc.). some deal in mls, some in drops/ml, some in %'s....

I tend to mix up 10ml at a time cuz I had empty 10ml plastic bottles handy, that hold up to 13ml to the base of their necks - giving me room to 'adjust' flavor and nic in the total mls made up.

I think it's easier to deal in a bit larger amts (than 2mls) cuz I don't like 'drops' - each bottle's drip tip/top or eye-dropper from a bottle, or the like is different it seems... mls are marked on most measuring tubes and syringes and I find them easier to deal with and rinse out.
Not that this is an exact science that we're trying to accomplish, but VG is thicker than PG and thus dif. # of drops are required to reach a ml of these, as well as different %s of same in already made up juices... do you really want to 'test the # of drops per ml for each liquid you'll be adding to your juice? I didn't.

I purchase a high nic content (60mg or 100mg) and then add that by mls to my mixes (20% of total mls being made (of 60mg nic) =12mg per ml). I'm working down on my nic levels hoping to reach '0' at some point down the road. Cuz I find myself vaping a lot and thus cutting down my normal/good appetite in the process - I'd rather eat right (than vape) in a normal fashion, eventually (grin). At least that's my goal presently, baring any more unforeseen goofs in my mixing up the next lower levels :)

ie, don't try 5/6ths Green Mint with 1/6th Kentucky Menthol - it turns out TOO MINTY of a 3mg mix!! (ya/I need to look at more than the nic level when combining things and lowering the nic.)... among other things I've learned the hard way! haha that last 30ml+ 3mg batch I sent along to Loxmythe for his 'emergency broke newbie vapers stash' to hold them over til they got some more $ for juice.... I couldn't figure out how to salvage it!
NancyB

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I did try searching but either couldn't think of the right query or didn't dig deep enough into the results so sorry if this has been asked before.

Ive been experimenting with some starter mixing fluid at 27mg strength and cutting it down to 12mg and flavouring it.

I was wondering is it a good idea to maybe make a 30ml batch of unflavoured 12mg and then decant that to smaller bottles at later dates adding different flavours to each one. I have been doing the cutting and flavouring all at once but find it a bit of a fiddle especially when i was only doing 2 ml at a time.

I was also a bit puzzled to how after adding the flavour to an unflavoured 12mg base would this cut the strength down.

Example: 2ml Unflavoured (12mg) + 0.2 to 0.4ml Flavouring would this cut it down to around 2.3ml 10mg flavoured

I see you're maybe not here often. Do you need a link to a good ejuice calculator? They're very easy and there are even APPS for phones and such.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread