Question about eliquid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Well, patiently waiting to find out if the premier kits will come in at smokeless image today.. but I figured I may order additional liquids from vaporbomb since it looks like they have quite a selection and the prices look good. Is there a sight that just shows what the differences in vg-pg mix are? some have better flavors? some have more vapor? Heheh at work right now or else I'd be heavily searching lol

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
It looks like you on the the right track w/ a volt kit and looking into VB juice. Flavor is subjective, so you may want to try smallest size bottles, but VB is a great vendor. As far as vapor production, the more vg in the ratio the more visible vapor you get. Vg is a bit thicker, but if your not using a tank it might not be an issue. I recommend you try different pg/vg ratios as well and see what you like best.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Different atomizer styles work better or worse with thinner or thicker juices. Tanks like thinner juices in the 70pg/30vg range and may leak with 100%pg, cartos like thinner juices from 100%pg to 70/30 and some people get by with 50/50. Standard attys can get by with most any juice but feed the juice better if it's on the thinner side. VG feeds slowly in most cartridge types but you can get around most of that by standing the ecig on the battery between vapes and letting the cart reload through gravity.

Experimentation with different juices will give you a feel for what works well with different hardware. I'd second the suggestion that you order some sample kits to see what your preferences fall under. We all have different notions about taste and your preferences will most certainly be slightly different than the next person.

blueridge

Dec 31, 2011
central ky
Different atomizer styles work better or worse with thinner or thicker juices. Tanks like thinner juices in the 70pg/30vg range and may leak with 100%pg, cartos like thinner juices from 100%pg to 70/30 and some people get by with 50/50. Standard attys can get by with most any juice but feed the juice better if it's on the thinner side. VG feeds slowly in most cartridge types but you can get around most of that by standing the ecig on the battery between vapes and letting the cart reload through gravity.

Experimentation with different juices will give you a feel for what works well with different hardware. I'd second the suggestion that you order some sample kits to see what your preferences fall under. We all have different notions about taste and your preferences will most certainly be slightly different than the next person.

This is good to know. I have a tank on the way.... I may need to get some VG. Isn't VG the same stuff sold as glycerin USP at the drug stores?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Unless you know exactly what flavors you like I'd strongly suggest you order sampler packs. Out of every 10 juices there may be 5 you don't like.
P.S. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and I'm sure he's very proud of you and your decision to kick the stinkies to the curb.
Sincerely, Vapoor.

Decisions decisions.. don't know what flavors to get!!

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
I'll thinkkk about it.. usually with samplers for anything I find I like 1 of the flavors and nothing else.. lol but it may be different in this instance hehe.

Unless you know exactly what flavors you like I'd strongly suggest you order sampler packs. Out of every 10 juices there may be 5 you don't like.
P.S. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and I'm sure he's very proud of you and your decision to kick the stinkies to the curb.
Sincerely, Vapoor.

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Steep? Ugh something else for me to look up lol. Hmm.. what is steeping.. I do steep me some mean citron green tea.. but suspect it's a little different hehe.

I've tried VaporBomb. In my experience their juices need a really long time to steep.

I've only found one juice that keeps me happy all the time and it's the 100% VG Red Oak Tennesse Cured smoke Juice from Johnson Creek. I can't get enough that stuff.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
Steeping's exactly what it is with tea, just on a longer timeframe. Put the bottle in a cool, dark place for a couple of days to a week. It gives time for the flavors to mingle.

Buying juices is a pain and an adventure all at once, when you don't yet know your tastes. My advice is get 5ml bottles and sampler packs galore, because no matter how tasty something sounds Murphy's Law dictates that if you get a big bottle of it without tasting it, it won't work for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread