Question about nic level

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzp4

Feb 20, 2013
Queens, NY
I recently tried juice from VaporRenu (the Swedish Fish is great!), and they offer an option to increase TH; I searched around for what they are using to increase TH without upping nic or PG:

VaporRenu

Apparently, they use a bit of alcohol to up the TH, but that could mess with flavor and/or vapor a bit. Might be something to consider...

(As a newb, I want to try out VV's and other set-ups to adjust flavor/TH/vapor before trying the Everclear route)

Just keep at it and don't go back to analogs!
I read somewhere that capsaicin is sometimes used to add a TH sensation.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
A yr ago myself and a group of friends bought 4 diff types of TH enhancers. They irritated our throats in the most severest of terms rather than give TH. It was only afterwards that I discovered a number of ECF Vets got together and tested TH enhancers. They came to the same conclusion.

i too reqire the throat hit. the pg and the nic level gives throat hit, ive also noticed some flavors with same pg/vg mix and nic level have various levels of throat hit.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Congrats...you'll find a lot of us recovering boozehounds roaming the boards here :thumbs:

I also resemble that remark. :thumb:

So far, and I am very new at this, I have been using only VG because the PG burned my throat. Been ordering juice from Johnson creek and they use nic percentages, highest being 2.4% which is what I got (heavy smoker). Some of the flavors I notice have better TH than others. Got some prefilled carts that are only 1.8% and may as well be smoking Carlton 100's if anyone knows about those. LOL

Last edited:

McGarnagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Nicotine level primarily, and vapor temperature, which simply speaking comes from voltage.

To be that guy, vapor temp comes from the amount of energy which is being converted to heat. You can change that through voltage or resistance. For constant voltage devices the only way to lower or increase vapor temp is to inversely change the resistance.

jjs4269

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
pittsburgh
Ive found im getting great TH with my AGA T2 At low ohms with some 6mg nic juice from Mountain Vapor and 28g kanthal wire... Dont see myself short on TH, vapor production, or flavor anytime soon... dropped from 18mg to 6mg with this setup, and ive only had this atty and setup for 2 weeks, and vaping for 6 weeks... Trust me.... 13 yr dedicated analog smoker til now! Hope this helps n good luck kickin the nic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread