Question about Pyrex Tanks and Their Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are you serious??? That blows! You'd think they'd get on that.

What's the big deal about needing flanges on the carto's. Especially with a Phiniac; it has a tight fit on the carto regardless if it has a flange or not. The flange only keeps the tank from sliding toward the connector end, not off the carto, anyway.

It's just common sense not grab your PV by the tank. Pick it up by the PV's body. Do this and you won't have any accidents.

ppatel2001

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Tulsa
What's the big deal about needing flanges on the carto's. Especially with a Phiniac; it has a tight fit on the carto regardless if it has a flange or not. The flange only keeps the tank from sliding toward the connector end, not off the carto, anyway.

It's just common sense not grab your PV by the tank. Pick it up by the PV's body. Do this and you won't have any accidents.

I agree that flanged cartos are kind of pointless.. however, Its not always convenient grabbing your PV and not the tank...most of the times I have it in my coat pocket and end up grabbing it by the tank to pull it out. Obviously it's gonna be different for everyone , but just putting it out there that there's some tanks that hold onto the cartos better than others. I've used a dct tank that slides right off if it gets caught up...

jxc0175

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

The flange just makes it easier to put the carto back in the tank in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread