QUESTION- Bloog 5 volt passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
I was wondering if anyone out there has tried the bloog 5v passthrough, and any other 5v mod?

are they comparable?

I thought I remember reading that bloog cartos didn't work well at 5v, is that true?

If you don't feel comfortable talking about other products here, you can PM me also. I'm just really interested in what 5v will give me, and if the passthough is a good way to judge that.

Thanks in advance!

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
Thank you, know at least I know my cartos will work. I know it would be stupid for bloog to sell a product that doesn't work with it's cartos, but I remember something about the ohms of the cartos not liking higher voltages. That's also why Leaford won't make LR cartos, becuase the higher total voltage doesnt' work out well. ????

Has anyone tried a true 5v mod in comparison?

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Hi! Do any of you know if you can power the 3.6V Bloog passthrough on their Input 100-240v - 50/60Hz 0.3A / Output 5V - 0.5A USB compatible wall adapter? I'm confused because Volt offers a 3.6V passthrough and they say it should be used with something that has an output of at least 1.5A. Also, I picked up in an emergency a 510 passthrough from Liberty Flights today and can find no info. on the power of it (I found out today it is 4.2 volts) so I plugged it into my Bloog Wall adapter and it didn't work. Maybe that wasn't smart of me to try that, I don't know anything about power so I don't know. Can someone please give me some insight?! I appreciate it! :)

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Hi Kblush, sorry, no, the wall adapter is for charging only and does not supply enough amps to fire off a carto coil. For that, I'd suggest a powered USB hub or the wall to USB adaptor for the iPad. But now that you mention it, I'll start looking into getting an adapter that supplies enough amps for the PT.

Last edited:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
I must have the special wall adapter because I can power my pass-thru and trifect off it (not at the same time)

The Trifecta is not a "real" pass-through. You're charging the battery when plugged in, not using the input power to vape, which means you can discharge the battery while vaping plugged in. Actually not that hard if you're a constant vaper.

With the real pass-through, most common adapters, even though they are rated at 0.5 Amps will usually give you something above 1 Amps without complaining, and you'll end up with a similar experience than you get with the batteries.
A wall adapter with high enough specs will/would give you a vaping experience with just about double the power of a battery - that is double the heating power.
Personally, I think in cartomizers that kind of power has a nicer effect driving 2 coils than overheating a single one. Try drawing from 2 BMF e-cigs simultaneously if you never tried it. It's a beautifully thing.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Try drawing from 2 BMF e-cigs simultaneously if you never tried it. It's a beautifully thing.

What only TWO? Pshhhh. Lightweight!

Photo on 2-13-12 at 4.43 PM.jpg

Gizmo42

Oct 29, 2011
Aurora, Co
Are the standard Bloog pts 5 volts or lower? I have a couple of them and they seem to burn hotter then just the batteries. I also have a couple manual pts from litecigusa and they seem to burn a bit hotter then the Bloogs. Could be that the Bloog is on powered USB hub at my computer which has other USB stuff plugged into it and the litecig one is on a powered hub by its self though.

My complaint about pts is that they burn through the juice in the carts faster lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread