question for 601 users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
for the past few days my 601 has been acting up a bit. Vapor production is down slightly, flavor is down significantly. I checked my battery and it was covered in liquid, but it still lit the LED and produced vapor. After drying it off it is still able to be charged. I just put in the other battery, and now after i drag on it, I can hear a hissing sound coming from the mouth piece for about half a second after i stop inhaling (almost like an iron after picking it up off your clothes). Also, when I drag on it I hear a squeaking sound which I believe is from the liquid. I have been using my pipe like a pacifier and I have no idea whats going on. Any suggestions?

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Any liquid that is not vaporizes eventually will pass throught the atomizer and collect in the bottom of the bowl. This is particularly a problem if you drip the pipe. The only thing to do is always have it in a stand or rest so the pipe is level and the liquid does not seep into the battery chamber. You can drain it every night to reduce this problem.

Vapor production will eventually fall off due to a build up of deposits on the heating coil. You can try a manual cleaning cycle as described in the user instructions. Take off the battery cover, remove the mouthpiece and the cartridge. With a tweezer, scissors or paper clip, touch the brass battery arm to the little brass piece just next to it. This will manually fire the atomizer. Run this for 10-20 seconds, let cool and repeat one more time. The first few draws might taste funny, but it will fade quickly.

The hissing sound is the heating coil vaporizing the e-liquid. If you run the atty real hot (like using it like a pacifier), even though you have finished a draw, the heating coil is still hot enough to continue vaporizing briefly. Squeaking is a problem I have not had on the pipe. I have an e-cigar that whisltes, though. When there is too much liquid in the atomizer you will hear a gurgling sound.

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
Whenever my vapor starts to drop off, I simply remove the cart. If the filler still looks wet enough, I start vaping off the excess juice without the cart. The vapor starts to come back strong, when it drops off again I re-insert the cart. The only time I've experienced a wet battery is when I overfilled a cart and kept it in my pocket for too long. Another option is removing the mouthpiece and putting it back on facing the opposite direction. In this configuration the jewel cap is facing you and the pipe is held in a more vertical position. It redistributes the juice within the atomizer and I get better vapor. Play around with these tricks and you'll see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread