Status
Not open for further replies.

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I've searched these forums and Googled, but am unable to find the information I'd like. What I'd like to know is, how does a 510 atomizer work? I mean I know a coil heats up and boils something glycol, releasing vapor. But how does a 510 atomizer feed? How does it work, mechanically?

306 and 510 attys traditionally have a hole at the bottom of the battery interface and perhaps a hole or two between the threads and the main barrel of the atty. Is it important which hole feeds air and which feeds liquid? Would it be inadvisable to feed liquid through what is traditionally considered an air hole, and vice versa? Is there a schematic or diagram anywhere that might illustrate the flow of air and liquid inside a stock 510 atty?

I'm brainstorming wickless feeder designs, but I lack the rudimentary knowledge to do so successfully. I'm under the impression that the UFS and the FOG were designed around the 901 to solve this question without having to ask it. I, on the other hand, am curious to discover whether I can design something natively around a 510, something optimized specifically for a 510; as opposed to a native 901 design with an optional 510 connection which might be gurgly because the base design intended its liquid payload to be delivered elsewhere. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread