Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerDawn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Wyoming
I wasn't sure where to pose this question. If it's in the wrong place, i apologize. To make a long story short, I recently read elsewhere in the forums that some e-liquid producers add PGA (pure grain alcohol) to the products, and this had me freaking out a bit.

You see, I'm in an outpatient treatment program. No, I do not consider myself an addict (except of nicotine!). Most people who have substance-related charges in my town are asked to attend, and there is much speculation as to why, but that's a different story. I have no record as a minor, no DUI's, nothing like that. I was charged with hosting a house party, because one of my less bright friends brought over two girls who ended up being underage (obviously, I found this out after the fact). So here I am.

Anyways, I just want to get done with these classes and don't want to give them any reason to think that I am drinking, using drugs, whatever. I receive random UA's (urinalysis tests) and those usually include the EtG ("80 hour alcohol") test.

So as you've probably deduced, I'm just afraid I'll fail for using my PV and am trying to see if anyone has any insight on this? I regularly use hand sanitizer (62% ethyl alcohol) when working (I a) pierce at a local tattoo shop and b) work front desk at a hotel where I'm exchanging all kinds of fun germs from people all over the world... We're obviously encouraged to use it at both) and have never had any issues, even though I've heard that the EtG can give off false positives for such things for certain people (I'm guessing folks in the medical world, because I use it several times daily and like I said, no issues so far).

I recently switched to the E-Power and have been having a blast with all my new juices... Mixing, refilling, etc. I frequently get the stuff on my hands (when not wearing gloves), on my clothes, and occasionally even in my mouth (when blowing out atty's/carts).

Does anyone else have experience with this? Or can anyone verify that I don't have anything to worry about? This might all sound a bit crazy, but I hope you can understand why I'm concerned. :\

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Good question. I've had that same exact thought wandering through my head this week. A friend had asked me "will it show up on a test?" I simply replied, "I have no idea!" Makes sense to treat the subject like you would cooking with wine. Even then how much alcohol could there possibly be in a bottle of E-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread