Vaping and eTg testing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopenator

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
New York
Hey everyone,

As the title says, I'm curious if anyone in here vapes juice with alcohol in it and takes etg tests. I read all the past threads on this all ready, but I am a little nervous about taking my tests, so I would just like to see if anybody has any different information on the topic.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kprthevapr

lopenator

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
New York
Usually once steeped the alcohol evaporates and then once vaped, I doubt it could show up in a test for alcohol consumption. This is just my guess, so hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I usually don't steep my juice because I'm impatient.
Right now I ordered juice off vapor chef. They said on their website that they do not use alcohol, but I emailed them online and they said they do as a solvent. I thought it was funny they lied on their about us page.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
The only reason I have ever seen for using grain alcohol (everclear or vodka) in an ejuice is to thin the VG down to help with wicking, distilled water the same way. Depending on how long the juice sits and steeps, the alcohol should be made inert, it has dissolved and thinned out the VG to mix better with the PG food flavorings, it has no intoxicating effects, it is basically back to being sugars again. As far as testing for blood alcohol level, due to the amount used in even a 120ml bottle, the overall % of alcohol on your breath shouldn't register that much compared to say cough medicine or an actual drinks alcohol content, ejuice with alcohol in it would be down to 5 to 10% that of what is in cough syrup.

lopenator

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
New York
Yeah, but I read eTg tests are super sensitive tests, that don't test how much you drank. You cannot tell how strong the levels of alcohol are, but only if the enzyme is present in your system. I got some pretty serious legal right now, and i definitely should have sought out and 100% alcohol free juice.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Yeah, but I read eTg tests are super sensitive tests, that don't test how much you drank. You cannot tell how strong the levels of alcohol are, but only if the enzyme is present in your system. I got some pretty serious legal right now, and i definitely should have sought out and 100% alcohol free juice.

I read that the test is sensitive to enzymes up to like 70 hours later.
But like the others have said, it should be evaporated, but don't count on it.
Did they say which alcohol they are using as a solvent? Are they cleaning with it or flavor extracts made with alcohol?

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Some flavors are extracted using alcohol. As to which? I just use a smell test. If I smell alcohol, I keep the juice bottle open and shake it a few times the first day. It's typically gone in several hours, at most maybe a day. If it's a commercially prepared retail juice, there's really no way to know.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Some flavors are extracted using alcohol. As to which? I just use a smell test. If I smell alcohol, I keep the juice bottle open and shake it a few times the first day. It's typically gone in several hours, at most maybe a day. If it's a commercially prepared retail juice, there's really no way to know.
One place that use to used alcohol in their flavorings was virgin vapors, it took it a few days to evaporate but every juice vendor that I have used since, doesn't use it. I just don't see it being possible to detect it after vaporization

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Don't know but checking the web seems to say contact of any kind with alcohol can cause positive test. Even Hair spray, deodorant, and perfumes according to some sites.

Six Facts About Testing for Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG) - Cordant Solutions
Many common products purchased at grocery stores or pharmacies contain ethanol, which can cause a positive result in a drug test for EtG. These products include over-the-counter, alcohol-based cold and flu medications (e.g., NyQuil), food products (e.g., sauerkraut, balsamic vinegar, vanilla extract) and personal products such as mouthwashes. Additionally, certain popular drinks sold in stores (e.g., kombucha) may contain significant amounts of alcohol. It is also important to know that supposed non-alcoholic beverages may contain up to 1% ethanol by volume.

Reactions: David Wolf

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Don't know but checking the web seems to say contact of any kind with alcohol can cause positive test. Even Hair spray, deodorant, and perfumes according to some sites.

Six Facts About Testing for Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG) - Cordant Solutions
Many common products purchased at grocery stores or pharmacies contain ethanol, which can cause a positive result in a drug test for EtG. These products include over-the-counter, alcohol-based cold and flu medications (e.g., NyQuil), food products (e.g., sauerkraut, balsamic vinegar, vanilla extract) and personal products such as mouthwashes. Additionally, certain popular drinks sold in stores (e.g., kombucha) may contain significant amounts of alcohol. It is also important to know that supposed non-alcoholic beverages may contain up to 1% ethanol by volume.

If this is true, than here is something else to worry about..

PG and VG are alcohols....

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
So are you up chits creek if they even find a miniscule amount?

According to the sites they can not measure the amount of alcohol with this test just that there was alcohol consumed in the past 72 to 96 hours. So positive or negative is all the test gives. Seems unfair if it is super sensitive and doesn't measure amount involved.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
According to the sites they can not measure the amount of alcohol with this test just that there was alcohol consumed in the past 72 to 96 hours. So positive or negative is all the test gives. Seems unfair if it is super sensitive and doesn't measure amount involved.
I guess your suppose to fast for a few days because it seems alot of stuff has trace alcohol amounts...bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread