Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Hey eveyone,
I am looking to see if anyone can direct me to somewhere I can find some better 18350 batteries.

I currently have these EFEST from Vapor Beast. I have been using them for a bit in my Kamry K1000 and the seem to be loosing power, so much so that I popped the no name ones that came with the Kamry and they seem to work better.

I plan on picking up a new pipe soon from e-Pipe Mods and I want to pick up some new batteries to go with it. I checked their site and didnt find anything that was better then what I have.

Does Sony make an 18350 battery or are their any of the Purple EFEST out there and where do I get them?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Get the AW 18350's from RTD Vapor. I draw the same conclusion about eFest 18350's by watching them in a charger with a display readout as well. After a few months of use they don't hold their voltage at rest and lose run time while the AW's keep delivering solid performance.

I think you know this already from the e-pipe forum but install batteries in the K1000 positive down. This will become even more important when you use the AW's with button tops.

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
I have heard it is a safety hazard to install batteries positive down in the K1000 because if they overheat the tip will fuse with the spring at the bottom and create a big problem. I am using the factory batteries that came with it and have replaced the tank with a Protank II. I haven't had a problem with these batteries yet.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can't comment on which way the battery should go into a pipe mod, I just don't know.

I recommend either the AW 18350 IMR 700 mah batteries (this is what I use myself) or the purple Efest 18350 IMR/hybrid 700 mah batteries. I had the same bad issues when I used the red Efest 18350 IMR batteries as the OP.

AW18350.jpg

Buy your batteries from trusted re-sellers like RTD Vapor or Illumination Supply, to avoid getting counterfeit batteries. It's extremely risky to purchase batteries from Ebay or Amazon.

Last edited:

pnyc

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
xXx

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I have heard it is a safety hazard to install batteries positive down in the K1000 because if they overheat the tip will fuse with the spring at the bottom and create a big problem. I am using the factory batteries that came with it and have replaced the tank with a Protank II. I haven't had a problem with these batteries yet.

Well the factory batteries are mysteries with no real specifications to begin with. And if you are doing something that causes the batteries in a K1000 to overheat to the point that they could "fuse" onto anything you need to figure out what the hell is causing that, rather than being concerned about what an overheated battery might fuse onto. That shouldn't be happening period.

More fun is if you install them positive toward the switch and end up with a dead short from a tear in the battery jacket - which cannot happen with the positive facing the spring instead.

welovesmoking

Moved On
Aug 25, 2014
Shenzhen
www.smoktech.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
The best IMR 18350 battery for high drain is already on the market IMO, which is the Purple Efest 700mah "10.5A" 18350. According to a source I trust the Efest is actually a re-wrapped Tensai 700mah, which is rated at 14A. If you look at the testing done on the Efest cell, the notes at the bottom say how they believe it is a really good cell(see test: Test/Review of Efest IMR18350 700mAh (Purple) 2014) In that test the cell shows capability to handle a true 10A, albeit the entire charge lasts less than 5 minutes at 10A, but the battery CAN support at very least 10A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread