Status
Not open for further replies.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Before I get bashed for talking down about an amazing company, I am not.

I am simply asking a question.

There I was with a desire for some delicious vanilla /bakery flavors.

I immediately searched around and found Clark at NT. Read through his forum and he literally had no negative reviews of his juices. All said they were amazing ROOTB.

I quickly placed an order and got my CLS and AS over the weekend. I was so excited at the delicious smell of both I dumped out my tank, cleaned it out and loaded it up. Born on 10/26, vaped on the 28th I believe.

First vape... I almost gagged! Spicy, chemical taste with a hint of vanilla. It was almost like drinking some sort of 150 proof vanilla bourbon or something. AS was the same, except bubblegum bourbon?

I thought, no way, this can't be right, too much nic? Not enough steeping? Everyone's RAVING about this stuff?!

I contacted Clark and ordered CB and Frenilla. Maybe I just didn't like the custard? In addition to it shipping 10 MINUTES after placing my order, this awesome one of a kind guy sent me a FREE 15ml of CLS AND AS again to make sure he got it right. I literally wanted to call in sick to work on delivery day I was so stoked.

Loaded up ALL 4 in BRAND NEW T3S's... Same thing with them all!!

I frantically search around for quick steeping methods.. Decided to submerge them halfway in hot water with the caps off and shake vigorously every 15mins.. Did this for an hour twice, two days in a row.

Same. Dang. Taste. MAYBE a bit less alcohol-y.

My question is this.. After 11 days of steeping + hot water method my CLS is an orange color. Will i see any more improvement in this or is it just not my cup o tea??

Has anyone else experienced this with Superman's joooose? I have ~90ml of his juice sitting here with the caps off hoping in a few weeks they will become the amazing delicious flavors everyone is talking about..

I am a sad puppy.

Clark if you're reading this, you are the best vendor I've ever come in contact with. I am just simply mind-effed by this.. Lol

a9yha9av.jpg

From left to right: CLS, CB, Frenilla, AS born on 10/31, AS, CLS born on 10/26, hot water steeped

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Why are you worried about it?

Put it on the shelf, and vape something else. Check back in a week, then two.

Not every e-liquid tastes good out of the mailbox.

Especially when you quit smoking and begin vaping. If you're fairly fresh from quitting analogs, your tastebuds need time to heal and thing will begin to taste differently within a month. Within that time, your liquids will also have time to mix and meld and grow together.

Just remember to shake the bottle before filling your tank and trying them out. Also, for best results, use a dripping atomizer.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I would give it another week and if you find it really is not to your liking trade/sell in classifieds or pay it forward. I found when I was new to vaping that some flavors that others LOVED were just not for me...not that most werent good juices...they were just not for me (2 very popular hard to get juices included)

MayLovesMetal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got CLS and a couple of others after hearing so many people rave recently and I can't stand any of them. I really wanted to, but they
all have a nasty taste to me, and time isn't helping. The prices were very fair, the shipping was super fast, clearly the liquids make a lot of people smile. They just aren't for me. It's a big world and you know that old different strokes thing..it doesn't mean anything bad about you and it doesn't mean anything bad about this company or their products, =)

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
I think your problem is a lack of shaking the bottle before you fill. I guess that the nicotine seperates and you are vaping something that is just gonna taste nasty and blow your head off. It helps to steep a new juice for at least a week. Every day open the bottle and squeeze the air out. Let new air back in. Replace the cap and shake it. Store it in the dark. It works for me, and you really do get a more flavoursome, smoother vape

ephemerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
hey justin! so, i'm pretty sensitive to spicy/peppery notes in liquids. when i first tried CLS it was fairly spicy but the only other blend this occurred with is creme brulee. they're super dark now, so i just tried them, and it's died down a lot.

how long have you been vaping? if you look through my history at all, you'll notice that i've said some kind'f mean things about alice in vapeland. i tried them shortly after getting into vaping and hated them. like, capital-h-Hate. i tried them again a few days ago and guess what? i love most of them now. now i get what everyone said about them. for the longest time, though, i thought people were insane for liking AiV. they haven't really changed much, but my palate is back.

how about this: PM me with your address, and i'll send you some of the super dark CLS and CB i have (born in august), and you can decide for yourself if you want to keep these until they're finished steeping or if you want to trade them off.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I think you did a tread about this a few days ago
like I said then after 2 + weeks they get better

and that Capps should never be off any juice for more then 24 hours
with Nickoticket I would say 10 min

you say the caps off hoping in a few weeks ??/

with that I imagine in the next 2 weeks you will be complaining for a lack of flav
as I have often seen people who keep Capps of for too long do

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
hey justin! so, i'm pretty sensitive to spicy/peppery notes in liquids. when i first tried CLS it was fairly spicy but the only other blend this occurred with is creme brulee. they're super dark now, so i just tried them, and it's died down a lot.

how long have you been vaping? if you look through my history at all, you'll notice that i've said some kind'f mean things about alice in vapeland. i tried them shortly after getting into vaping and hated them. like, capital-h-Hate. i tried them again a few days ago and guess what? i love most of them now. now i get what everyone said about them. for the longest time, though, i thought people were insane for liking AiV. they haven't really changed much, but my palate is back.

how about this: PM me with your address, and i'll send you some of the super dark CLS and CB i have (born in august), and you can decide for yourself if you want to keep these until they're finished steeping or if you want to trade them off.

PM'd :)

And no I didn't mean caps off for weeks. My new shipment will have the caps off for two days.

Thank you all for your input.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Wow, I guess it pays to b!tch. Hopefully you'll learn to love it considering you have a liquid ton of it now lol. I really enjoyed CB and CLS right out of the mail. I didn't think it needed any steeping time, caps on or off.

I'm really not .....ing, just asking questions. I thought that's what this forum was about. I'm sorry I'm not as "experienced" as you.. but okay.

Mods you can close/delete this thread if you wish, or any of my others pertaining to this. I'm not here to start any flame wars.

Won't be posting in this thread any longer as I don't need to. I hope Clark doesn't read this and thinks I hate him. Cause he's awesome.

Thanks all for your help! If I don't like the sample I get from ephemerata, expect to see me posting these for a cheap sale/giveaway on here. I just submitted my Verified Member application.

Cheers

Last edited:

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I'm really not .....ing, just asking questions. I thought that's what this forum was about. I'm sorry I'm not as "experienced" as you.. but okay.

Mods you can close/delete this thread if you wish, or any of my others pertaining to this. I'm not here to start any flame wars.

Won't be posting in this thread any longer as I don't need to. I hope Clark doesn't read this and thinks I hate him. Cause he's awesome.

Thanks all for your help! If I don't like the sample I get from ephemerata, expect to see me posting these for a cheap sale/giveaway on here. I just submitted my Verified Member application.

Cheers

Hey no problem. Maybe I'm just jealous because I DO love the product and I dont get my order doubled for free. I don't know why Clark felt inclined to take responsibility for your taste buds, but if I were in his shoes, I would have confidence in my product, considering the how overwhelmingly positive the responses have been. So if one person in 1000 says, "Hey this tastes like burnt bubblegum bourbon!" I'd be like, "Well hey, I'm sorry you feel that way". But like you said, Clark is a really nice guy and just wants everyone to be happy. So hopefully your tastebuds will come around and you'll like it too someday.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Hey no problem. Maybe I'm just jealous because I DO love the product and I dont get my order doubled for free. I don't know why Clark felt inclined to take responsibility for your taste buds, but if I were in his shoes, I would have confidence in my product, considering the how overwhelmingly positive the responses have been. So if one person in 1000 says, "Hey this tastes like burnt bubblegum bourbon!" I'd be like, "Well hey, I'm sorry you feel that way". But like you said, Clark is a really nice guy and just wants everyone to be happy. So hopefully your tastebuds will come around and you'll like it too someday.

You'll be the first to get a bottle if I end up disliking it if you're still around. I agree, Clark went the extra mile, I felt kind of bad because I figured he'd gotten it right the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread