Questions about Nicotine Salt - PG/VG Ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1098

Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone - hope all is going well and you're not too crazy with the holiday frenzy!

I have been doing some research online, but am having trouble finding what I am looking for.

I am looking to find a good brand of E-juice that uses nicotine salts, but is atleast 70% PG/30% VG. All of the ones I find, like Mr Salt E, salts, etc are higher VG than PG and while they are good, I have used other higher PG juices and I prefer those.

Does anyone know of a good brand that they could recommend?

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Welcome to ECF!

That's a good question, because nic salts mute the throat hit and using higher PG blends would offset that. I don't buy much commercial juice anymore--I mix most of my own. There are some folks here that also mix their own and use nic salts in their potions.

I believe @stols001 is one of those salty elixir mixers.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do, but I didn't try out commercial premade salt juices before I started DIY with them (I just bought a small amount of nic salts) so I am afraid I'm not much help to you. Nic Salts do mute throat hit, which may be why many premade juices might come in a higher VG ratio. If you purchase some PG nicsalts (you can get it in either base sometimes blends) at the SAME nic ratio that you want to buy, you could add just the PG nicsalts to the premade juices, although depending on how much dilution you want to do, you may find yourself with a more anemic flavor profile.

It might be worth emailing some nic salt vendors to see if they would be able/willing to either mix a different ratio for you and/or add extra flavor to your bottle, at which point you would be able to dilute it down with the PG nic base. However, at that point things get so complicated that it might also be worthwhile to just try DIY (and start as simply as you can).

Sorry to not be of more help,

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

miteret

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2016
S.L.C., UTAH
Hello everyone - hope all is going well and you're not too crazy with the holiday frenzy!

I have been doing some research online, but am having trouble finding what I am looking for.

I am looking to find a good brand of E-Juice that uses Nicotine Salts, but is atleast 70% PG/30% VG. All of the ones I find, like Mr Salt E, SALTS, etc are higher VG than PG and while they are good, I have used other higher PG juices and I prefer those.

Does anyone know of a good brand that they could recommend?

Thanks!
Welcome to Vaping University. Try nudenicotine.com, best nic source IMHO and they formulate nic salts. Good luck.

AJ1098

Dec 5, 2017
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I’m actually at 25mg of Nic Salt which I believe is the lowest in retail Nic Salt juices

I really like Mr Salt E Tobacco flavor, but they are a 40/60 pg/vg mix and I think vg makes me cough a little bit. I’ve had 18mg ejuice that was 70/30 with regular Nicotine and had no throat problems at all. I just prefer Nic Salts and was surprised that pretty
Much no one sells pre-made juice with a high PG ratio!

• Agree

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I just prefer Nic Salts and was surprised that pretty
Much no one sells pre-made juice with a high PG ratio!

PG has less viscosity and juices with a lot of it can lead to leaking in many bottom coil and rebuildable tanks. And VG is able to produce more vapor, so there's that, too.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am not SUPER surprised as most folks going to nic salts may be looking for no throat hit, so adding too much PG might cause that to change.... I'm a bit surprised that you can't find SOMETHING that works, but like I said, some judicious emailing might work. Or, if you can find nic salt BASE only in the right PG/VG ratio, maybe just adding flavors might be an easy entry into DIY.... Nicotine River sells a 50/50 nic salts base, so you could get the nic strength you wanted and just add flavorings (I know, I know, but doing it this way may actually be easiest, especially if you got flavor concentrates that you just add in, dissolve, shake and vape (best of luck).

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread