• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this might be a good place to ask questions and get answers without all the techo-babble. So, I'll kick it off with: Does adding a small amount of VG (100% FDA approved from Akin's Health Foods) to ejuice reduce the nicotine content? I've done this several times and only noticed that it mellows out a somewhat harsh juice. However, I can't seem to find a definitive answer unless it's buried in the DIY'er explanations! :confused:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
short answer: yes
longer answer, it really depends on how much you put in. If its just a small amount its negligible. juice strength is express in MG nicotine per ML. So if you add a ML you have made a definite change.

Example you have 4 ML of 24mg juice and you add 1 ml of VG.

24MG x 4 = 96 MG nicotine
0MG x 1 = 0 MG nicotine

your juice is now 19.2 MG /ml in strength ( 96/5=19.2 )

Ok cool :) Now I'm trying to determine if my KR808D-1 passthrough is malfunctioning. Does this model have a 'cut-off'? By that I mean does it turn off after a certain number of seconds to prevent damage and need to 'rest' for awhile? Sometimes, regardless of the time period between vapes, it will not work at all, i.e. no vapor. Other times it fires right up. I've switched new cartomizers, tried a 901 atomizer, and switched from computer USB (2.0) to wall-plug passthrough accessory but the symptoms are the same. Light or hard inhalation doesn't make a difference. I'd say it was about 2 months old with moderate every day use.

Yep. The passthrough kicked the bucket :| I got another one 'tho; same model. Next time around I'll try something different. On another note I got my new mod (Prodigy v3.1) from PureSmoker.com. I charged up the batteries, took two hits and the atomizer blew!! :mad: I understand that any electrical device can fail at any given moment...sort of like the light bulb in the vanity when you are trying to shave and already late for work...but give me a break! So I try a 'compatible' atomizer per their documentation and the thread pattern is different!! Then I try a 'compatible' cartomizer, again per their documentation, ... the thread pattern is different!! Oh, they were kind enough to replace the blown atomizer but the shipping from Tennessee is horrible! 5 days?! I can get juice from California in 2. So here I sit going on 2 weeks now and can't use my new toy :( Yea, yea...whine, whine...I know. Here's the question: The Prodigy v3.1 will run at 6v and is, supposedly, compatible with Standard and High resistance Joye 510 and KR808D-1 atomizers and cartomizers. I want to vape at 6v but I don't necessarily want to get them from TN. Where do I get them and which model (low or high resistance)?

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
Well, which V3 adapter did you get with the V3? The 510 adapter, or the one for the 901/808? I have both, as well as one for the 801. I buy most of my cartomizers from Drew at nhaler.com and I have really good luck with the kr808 mega as well as the 801 megas. I also have some of the 510s, but I just don't like 510 as well... they don't deliver as much flavor, imho.
(Drew has little converters that will provide conversion if you have a 510 top adapter on your V3 and want to use the KR808d cartomizer on it... I have real good luck with those, although I tend to be real gentle with tightening things when I screw them on, so that I don't pop them apart.)

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
Well if you order 808 cartos from Drew, be sure to get a couple of his little adapter/converters. I really like the 510 to 808 adapter. To me, I get a better draw when I use that on the PS 510 adapter than I do when I just put the 808 carto onto the PS 901/808 adapter.

I still don't think you can beat the flavor you get out of a 901 atty, so I still use some of those with that PS 901 adapter, and the 3.7 volt battery setup. Sometimes I even do them at high voltage, which I really like, but I pop the attys pretty quickly... maybe in a day or two. At other times, I put a little converter onto the 901 adapter so I can use an 801 carto or 801 atty with it.

Ok. Done deal. I ordered the 510>KR808D/Greencig Cartomizers adapter and the 901 > KR808 adapter. I also got KR808D-1 Mega Cartomizers and 510 Mega Cartomizers. I received my replacements from PureSmoker too and, I'll be damned, 4 out of 5 atomizers were duds :( the 901s were DOA and the 2 510s blew on the first hit. Amazing. I'm determined to make this thing work 'tho because the remaining 510 atomizer is Awesome compared to what I'm used to. I'll send the thing back for an overhaul if I have to - someone needs to keep the US Postal Service in business ;)

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
Steve, do you have a multi-meter so you can test to see if they are really duds? I'm beginning to wonder if you don't have some kind of issue either with your PS adapter or else are screwing the attys or cartos on way too tight. The 510 attys and cartos both have a floating center post, and if you screw them on too tight, you can actually short them out.

No sir, I don't have a multi-meter to test with and I've already dropped them in the return mail. I was really careful screwing on the atomizers because their documentation/video how-to was Very specific about this. The last 510 is still going strong so I don't think it was the 510 adapter, however I did return the 901 adapter for them to look at. We'll get it straightened out :)

Nope. Definately Not the 510 adapter because the atomizer is still cooking. I got my goodies from nHaler today including a HV 510 atomizer along with a HV 901 atomizer and a SR 510 from PureSmoker. I popped on the 901 atomizer and cartomizers and they work like a charm. I also tested the 510 cartomizers and they work as well. All that really tells me is that batch of duds was just that; a batch of duds :)

P.S. The adapters from nHaler fit like a glove

Last edited:
Well color me stoopid :( The 'problem' with the 901 adapter wasn't a problem after all. I was so afraid to torque the atomizers onto the adapter, in fear of cracking the atomizer or stripping the threads on the adapter, that I wasn't tightening it enough! I gave it an extra twist and it slid right into place just like it was supposed to. Now I'm a happy camper :) So the question of the day is: Where do low-resistance atomizers come into play? I know I can use SR (standard resistance) and HR (high resistance) atomizers on the 6v device as well as SR cartomizers. And I know I can use the SR cartomizers and atomizers on my KR808D-1 batteries and passthrough. So which device is best suited for the LRs? Or do you have to have some other kind of device altogether?!

Well, that sounds like the way to go then. I'll give them a try next time I need to order some spares.

I would guess that the LR atomizers would drain the battery more quickly then? Or do I have that bass-ackwards?

I know I can browse this forum and probably find all the answers but it's much easier to get straight, direct answers here than digging thru all the bogus and confusing chatter. Thanks to all who respond to my dumbass questions and, trust me, I pay it forward :) I've run across several people here in OKc that I've turned on to vaping and I want to give them good solid info that you all have provided. Bless you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread