Questions for a new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpirate

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Central NY
Hello!

I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to post. About two months ago I bought the South Beach kit through groupon. I have tried it three different times and each time felt sick afterwards. I was going to start over with a new type but my mother in law gave me all of the things she had from a couple years ago.

My question is will what my MIL gave to me be a good start? Will the liquid even still be good after a few years?

Here is what she gave me:

The box just says SGS E-Cigarette

The liquid says Tobocco 12mg/ml vaping101.com

Then there is a lot of cartriges? Some empty I think.

There are extra chargers and two of the e-cigarettes.

I really have no idea about any of this. I really would just like to be able to use something to get off regular cigs.

Thank you for any help.

Sarah

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
I tried to google SGS E-cigarette, but the results were to varied to know what you have. Does it look like a cig-a-like? Or more like and eGo battery? Can you find us an image? Or upload a pic?

If the liquid is a few years old, I would get some new stuff. There are tons of great flavors and inexpensive vendors out there to try!

I don't think I'd trust juice that was years old but that's me personally. I don't know for a fact it would be bad per-say.

Getting off smokes, for me, took a decent vape. If this kit doesn't cut it, I'd try one more thing before you give up.

You can get a little starter kit from someplace like Vape Dojo for $13 or so then buy 10ml of juice for $5 or less. Not enough to use in the long term, IMHO, but great to get a taste of vaping at a better quality than some cig look alikes from a gas station.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
In general i believe vendors say The eLiquid has a shelf life of 12-24 months. so if its over that, toss it, not worth the risk when new stuff is not expensive.

Id say just start fresh, get a beginner Ego (Twist?) kit, if you can. (ClearOs)
(we dont know your situation, so this is just what I would do)

The e-cigs have changed so much in just 1 year, let alone many years back.

terirose2006

Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
California
I'm relatively new to vaping, but have been doing it long enough to suggest you begin with a new starter kit. The eGo line of Twists are good. I have a Spinner now, and got a good starter kit for $45.00 - cheaper than a carton of cigarettes. (At least here in California!) If you really want to quit smoking regular (analog) cigarettes, it's important to give vaping the best try possible, and that means getting up to date equipment and juices.

shanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Grand Line
Hi All, I'm relatively new here too. Just got a set from Malaysia as it is banned in Singapore. I bought a set of Ego-C and it come with a free bottle of juice. Unfortunately the seller only left with coke flavour. So far I don't feel like i'm smoking like it is a real cigarette as i find it choking my throat slightly when I puff it. I only puff 2 times max then I have to stop. Is it because the e juice is not a good quality one? It is 12mg though.

pinkpirate

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Central NY
Here is a picture of what she gave me. I don't know if it will be good even if I replace the liquid. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357098787.963846.jpg

fredddddie

Dec 26, 2012
Nocal
Those are 5 pack cartomizers. It is an atomizer and cartridge in one. You screw them onto your ecig on one end and on the other you pop the cap off to pour liquid in them. Pour the liquid on the sides of the cartridge and don't get any into the hole in the middle. If you are going to use those you might want to get drip tip to make sure eliquid doesn't get in your mouth. If the batteries charge ok, then it should be fine to use (other than the liquid which might be old)

Last edited:

mseymour67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Columbus OH
It made me sick to my stomach. Those were pre filled so I'm not sure if that was the problem or not.

I had the same problem when I tried the kit from Prosmoke. Sent it back for a refund, and switched to the G6 from Halo....never felt sick after that. I have found that I prefer the 100% VG juices out there better than the ones with a high PG percentage.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Try what she gave you... its free. ;-) If you like it but not perfectly, then invest in a new one. On the filling your cartos with juice.. yes drip it on the carto wall inside to wet the white padding but if you do get some in that center whole.. not a big deal... just hold your top lip over the mouth end and lightly blow, that will clear the hole of anything you may have gotten in there. That's the air tube and has to be clear for your draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread