Questions for Genesis users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricci

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2011
Philadelphia
Hello everyone!

I am interested in getting a Genesis style atomizer. I hate tinkering with things so here are my questions:

1. Which Genesis is easiest to use and maintain?

2. Which is the best wire and mesh to use (I use 70/30 PG/VG and 100% VG juices)?

3. How is the taste, vapor, and TH compare to a good cartomizer in a tank?

Thank you for all of your advice!

:vapor:

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
They are all built to the same principle so pretty much all you are talking about is whether the positive and negative connections are pins or screws. Capacity is another thing to think about.

I prefer them to cartos to the extent that I haven't used a carto in 7 weeks and have sold all bar 2 of my tanks. The flavour of the juice is just more vibrant.

The joy of a geny is that you build it and...that is it for a couple of weeks to a month. Just fill and vape, repeat.

They are very cheap to run but still expensive and hard to source but things are improving. You can get a Ngp with a 510 for under $50. S&S Mods has the Defcon for $55. Those are new options but have wait times the same as the rest.

If you have decided you want one now head to the Classifieds and watch for a few days to get an idea of prices.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Hello everyone!

I am interested in getting a Genesis style atomizer. I hate tinkering with things so here are my questions:

1. Which Genesis is easiest to use and maintain?

2. Which is the best wire and mesh to use (I use 70/30 PG/VG and 100% VG juices)?

3. How is the taste, vapor, and TH compare to a good cartomizer in a tank?

Thank you for all of your advice!

:vapor:

I recommend the DID, however, you first statement (you don't like to tinker), makes me question whether a Genesis atty is what you really want. I say this because all Genesis style attys require a certain amount of hands on tinkering. Coil and wick creation are kind of an art form. Once you get it down, it becomes second nature, but even with that said, coil adjustment, Wick adjustment, getting things to the right ohms for your taste etc.. require the tinkering you don't care for. The payoff, in my opinion, is the best flavor and TH you can get from vaping, and the ability to adjust for your particular preferences.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Here is the thing though.

Once you have got the wick and coil tinkering down...and working you are done for about month.

Just vape, refill, vape, refill until either the juice doesn't taste quite right or in my case I think of something else I want to try...yeah tinker.

Once you are confident in playing with the system you don't even really think about it as a hassle. Remember getting your first carto properly filled ? First tank ? Spilling juice everywhere ? Mouthfuls of juice ? Yep been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread