Questions, help! Got my first non-gas station vaping device - joyetech ego aio eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara Saturday

Apr 3, 2019
Hi all! A friend who was sick of my noob questions sent me here to make new friends. I've been using myBlu and Vuse Vibe, but I really needed something more enjoyable to keep me from getting sick of the so-called flavor of those e-cigs and going back to regular cigarettes. So, I was afraid of spending too much money and not knowing what I was doing, which led me to misthub.com and the Joyetech Ego AOI Eco, on sale for $15.00.

I thought I read the description carefully and picked out Bombies Kiss the Ring e-juice, 3mg, max vg. I think I thought I was doing "sub-ohm vaping" on the cheap, and I was looking forward to getting fun clouds and nice flavor.

Today, I open up the Ego AIO Eco and re-read as I'm getting ready to start using the deice, and see that it says "optimized for high nic" as in nicotine salts. And there is a little card inside that seems to indicate my best bet is 50/50 ratio not max. I immediately started window shopping for new liquid, both salts and juice (but with the different ratio).

1st question: should I use nic salts exclusively? I'd rather not. Should I be using an e-juice with a 50/50 ratio and a higher nic content or should I stick to sub-ohm levels, like 3 and 6 or whatever.

2nd: Where do I look now in terms of a device that is NOT a pen? I'm going to get a big kids vaping device one of these days and there's so many options and parts and brands and price tags. Thanks in advance!

Joyetech-eGo-AIO-ECO-vape-pen.jpg

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all! A friend who was sick of my noob questions sent me here to make new friends. I've been using myBlu and Vuse Vibe, but I really needed something more enjoyable to keep me from getting sick of the so-called flavor of those e-cigs and going back to regular cigarettes. So, I was afraid of spending too much money and not knowing what I was doing, which led me to misthub.com and the Joyetech Ego AOI Eco, on sale for $15.00.

I thought I read the description carefully and picked out Bombies Kiss the Ring e-juice, 3mg, max vg. I think I thought I was doing "sub-ohm vaping" on the cheap, and I was looking forward to getting fun clouds and nice flavor.

Today, I open up the Ego AIO Eco and re-read as I'm getting ready to start using the deice, and see that it says "optimized for high nic" as in nicotine salts. And there is a little card inside that seems to indicate my best bet is 50/50 ratio not max. I immediately started window shopping for new liquid, both salts and juice (but with the different ratio).

1st question: should I use nic salts exclusively? I'd rather not. Should I be using an e-juice with a 50/50 ratio and a higher nic content or should I stick to sub-ohm levels, like 3 and 6 or whatever.

2nd: Where do I look now in terms of a device that is NOT a pen? I'm going to get a big kids vaping device one of these days and there's so many options and parts and brands and price tags. Thanks in advance!
Hi Sara,

How long did you smoke and how many per day?
Nicotine salts and regular nicotine can be used interchangeably. The nicotine level should be adjusted for whatever device is being used.
The reduced throat hit of the salts nicotine can be useful for folks using low powered devices, Pods and such, at high nicotine levels.
You can mix a bit of regular and salts together if you need more throat hit.

1) I would suggest a 70% VG content juice. If you experience wicking issues (dry hits/very shirt coil life, overly HOT vapor) a thinner (less than 70% vg) juice may be needed.
What was the nicotine level you used with the Vuse/blu?
How long would each of those devices last in use before needing a refill/new pod?

2) This is a rabbit hole....proceed with caution. :danger:
First, where are you located?
Second, what is your budget?
Third, if you like shiny things...just ignore the budget thing above.

HTH
I

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
i am not familiar with that device, I tried to look it up but can't see where it lists what watts it uses, however it states that the coil that comes with it is .5ohm

and you can use regular nic or salt nic in any device
the higher the vg though depending on the coil/watts it may not vape easily... if the juice is too thick for the coil, you can try to add a drop or two of distilled water to thin it out

as for a new mod, that depends on what you want....
pen style or box style
internal battery or replaceable battery
single, dual, triple battery mod
vv/vw (variable voltage/wattage)
tc (temp control - you don't have to use it, it's just an option if you like)
are you more of a mtl or dl vaper (mouth to lung or direct lung) you say you want big clouds so something dl would probably be better
do you want drop in coils or rebuildable (you don't have to build your own coils, you can buy premade for cheap and install them)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
AIOs are generally going to recommend 50/50 and high salt nic. And really, you’ll probably do best staying in that pg/vg range, but how much nic and which type is up to you.

AIO are not designed as sub ohm or big clouds, so you’ll use a higher nic juice in it than you would a sub ohm. You may like both, like 24 mg in this kit, and 3-6 in the next one. I do that, different set ups, various juices, whatever I feel like.

Gear is a little harder... Everyone has their own wants and likes. Me, I just try about everything then when I like something, I get it in every color.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
U want clouds u need something with 2 18650s

My single 18650 and 2X700, dual 2X700, and even 18350 mods would like to have a word with you.

@Sara Saturday I would just put that low nicotine high VG juice in there. I've done that with a lot of these types of mods and it works fine. It's not ideal, but it'll get you by.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have one. I vape fairly high VG.

Any device sort of advertising itself for nic salts only is a total LIE. Nic salts and freebase have no appreciable difference when it comes to GEAR. Any manufacturer saying something is for nic salts is ADVERTISING only. You can vape nic salts in subohm equipment AT THE RIGHT RATIO. That is key.

I'm sorry to say it was far from my favorite device (I won it) but it's maybe not the worst thing I ever vaped and to be fair by the time I won one, I was on to vastly different and better devices. It's possibly better than a cigalike. Possibly. Good luck with it, and shove whatever you want in there first and see how it pans out.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
2nd: Where do I look now in terms of a device that is NOT a pen? I'm going to get a big kids vaping device one of these days and there's so many options and parts and brands and price tags.
As @Shadav , said ... it depends upon what you want.
  • internal battery or replaceable battery -- both have their advantages and disadvantages. Read up on the differences.
  • single, dual, triple battery mod -- how much battery power will you need? More batteries generally means a larger/heavier/bulkier battery device and of course more power (watts). A single battery will be smaller/lighter and more pocket friendly. You can always carry spare batteries with you should your battery drain dead.
  • vv/vw (variable voltage/wattage) - allows you to adjust your vaping experience on the fly
  • tc (temp control - you don't have to use it, it's just an option if you like) -- a minority of vapers prefer it; requires specific wire coils in order to use it.
  • are you more of a mtl or dl vaper (mouth to lung or direct lung) you say you want big clouds so something dl would probably be better -- Two types of juice attachments: MTL is a restricted draw like smoking a cigarette; DTL is like sucking on a large diameter straw with no resistance
  • do you want drop in coils or rebuildable (you don't have to build your own coils, you can buy premade for cheap and install them) -- drop in, factory made coils are simpler for beginners, and last 2 - 4 weeks; rebuildable coils last longer (months?) but still require re-wicking with cotton every 3 - 4 days.
You need to learn the vaping vocabulary and terminology. The following blogs should help you with that.

Where to buy? Vape shops are benefitual to see things in real life, but not all shop sales people have the customer's best interest at heart and are only interested in the sale; shops also have as much as a 75% markup from what you can find online. I buy 90% of my juice and gear online. I prefer using My Vapor Store as they have a great selection, sell both gear and e-liquid, have reasonable prices, and ship fast.
Hope that helps. If you ever have questions, ECF is a great place for information and advice.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
@Sara Saturday Loads of really good advice and stuff for you to think about...:) Don't worry just bite little chunks at a time.

I don't know what juices you've been vaping in your vuse pods but they are normally quite high nic salts...all I wanted to add here really is that you need to be going for a nic level that is going to satisfy....most important thing at this stage is for you to stay off the killer sticks :)

Good luck

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
As @Shadav , said ... it depends upon what you want.
  • internal battery or replaceable battery -- both have their advantages and disadvantages. Read up on the differences.
  • single, dual, triple battery mod -- how much battery power will you need? More batteries generally means a larger/heavier/bulkier battery device and of course more power (watts). A single battery will be smaller/lighter and more pocket friendly. You can always carry spare batteries with you should your battery drain dead.
  • vv/vw (variable voltage/wattage) - allows you to adjust your vaping experience on the fly
  • tc (temp control - you don't have to use it, it's just an option if you like) -- a minority of vapers prefer it; requires specific wire coils in order to use it.
  • are you more of a mtl or dl vaper (mouth to lung or direct lung) you say you want big clouds so something dl would probably be better -- Two types of juice attachments: MTL is a restricted draw like smoking a cigarette; DTL is like sucking on a large diameter straw with no resistance
  • do you want drop in coils or rebuildable (you don't have to build your own coils, you can buy premade for cheap and install them) -- drop in, factory made coils are simpler for beginners, and last 2 - 4 weeks; rebuildable coils last longer (months?) but still require re-wicking with cotton every 3 - 4 days.
You need to learn the vaping vocabulary and terminology. The following blogs should help you with that.

Where to buy? Vape shops are benefitual to see things in real life, but not all shop sales people have the customer's best interest at heart and are only interested in the sale; shops also have as much as a 75% markup from what you can find online. I buy 90% of my juice and gear online. I prefer using My Vapor Store as they have a great selection, sell both gear and e-liquid, have reasonable prices, and ship fast.
Hope that helps. If you ever have questions, ECF is a great place for information and advice.
;)

Sara Saturday

Apr 3, 2019
Is that a pod? U want clouds u need something with 2 18650s, low ohm coils, High watts and strong lungs. Be careful when driving I have to keep a window cracked.

It's not a pod, 6.8W max output, I thought I was getting a noob's cheap price device for sub-ohm, but I'm just confused because I thought sub-ohm was DL and the coils are 0.5 mtl
Joyetech-eGo-AIO-ECO-vape-pen.jpg

• Optimistic

Sara Saturday

Apr 3, 2019
I have one. I vape fairly high VG.

Any device sort of advertising itself for nic salts only is a total LIE. Nic salts and freebase have no appreciable difference when it comes to GEAR. Any manufacturer saying something is for nic salts is ADVERTISING only. You can vape nic salts in subohm equipment AT THE RIGHT RATIO. That is key.

I'm sorry to say it was far from my favorite device (I won it) but it's maybe not the worst thing I ever vaped and to be fair by the time I won one, I was on to vastly different and better devices. It's possibly better than a cigalike. Possibly. Good luck with it, and shove whatever you want in there first and see how it pans out.

Anna
Thanks for the input! I don't really have a desire to vape nic salts, particularly, so it's good to have some insight to see past marketing gimmicks and bs. Thank you

Sara Saturday

Apr 3, 2019
Hi Sara,

How long did you smoke and how many per day?
Nicotine salts and regular nicotine can be used interchangeably. The nicotine level should be adjusted for whatever device is being used.
The reduced throat hit of the salts nicotine can be useful for folks using low powered devices, Pods and such, at high nicotine levels.
You can mix a bit of regular and salts together if you need more throat hit.

1) I would suggest a 70% VG content juice. If you experience wicking issues (dry hits/very shirt coil life, overly HOT vapor) a thinner (less than 70% vg) juice may be needed.
What was the nicotine level you used with the Vuse/blu?
How long would each of those devices last in use before needing a refill/new pod?

2) This is a rabbit hole....proceed with caution. :danger:
First, where are you located?
Second, what is your budget?
Third, if you like shiny things...just ignore the budget thing above.

HTH
I
So, I'm 33, and I have been smoking since about 15 or 16 years old. I fluxuated between 5-20 cigarettes a day over the years, most recently was probably about half a pack a day.
I dont crave the "throat hit" I dont think, I like successfully and smoothly inhaling. I have used friends mods and subohm and drippers and whatever (definitely not using the terms definitively) and REALLY liked getting a nicotine buzz, even with 3mg e-juice, which is what I am using right now too. And I'm vaping up a storm hoping to get a little buzz *meh face*

The Vuse was 3% and the Blu 4%, just what came in the wee pods. I'd go through a myBlu pod in about a day and a half to 2 days, the Vuse lasted longer but it holds more. I was alternating the two devices cos I'd get sick of the flavor in one pretty quick.

I live in Indiana, so I can't even shop around that well online because very few shops are allowed to deliver to Indiana. I dont HAVE a budget because I should not be spending money on shiny things, but I DO so love shiny things. I'm not opposed to buying a piece of a thing each week even to get a good set up, but I really dont have the budget to buy tanks and batteries and whatever just to *see* what works. Thanks for the help already

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
This is a really underrated device, IMO. Fill and puff.

Don't worry about it being 0.5 ohms. It could be a 0.5 ohm Stainless Steel or Ni80 wire, which takes far less watts to get a good vape out of. Flavour is decent, too. As long as you take a haul and feel reasonable satiated, it's all good.

Definitely a step up from the pod/gas station devices.

For the future, keep the Innokin Kroma A with the Zenith or Zlide tank in your sights. Still Mouth to Lung (like smoking) but with better batteries ie lasts longer, larger capacity, and the ability to change the top part (tank) that holds the juice if you want to do different flavours.

Sara Saturday

Apr 3, 2019
AIOs are generally going to recommend 50/50 and high salt nic. And really, you’ll probably do best staying in that pg/vg range, but how much nic and which type is up to you.

AIO are not designed as sub ohm or big clouds, so you’ll use a higher nic juice in it than you would a sub ohm. You may like both, like 24 mg in this kit, and 3-6 in the next one. I do that, different set ups, various juices, whatever I feel like.

Gear is a little harder... Everyone has their own wants and likes. Me, I just try about everything then when I like something, I get it in every color.
my problem with trying everything is that $$$$

Sara Saturday

Apr 3, 2019
i am not familiar with that device, I tried to look it up but can't see where it lists what watts it uses, however it states that the coil that comes with it is .5ohm

and you can use regular nic or salt nic in any device
the higher the vg though depending on the coil/watts it may not vape easily... if the juice is too thick for the coil, you can try to add a drop or two of distilled water to thin it out

as for a new mod, that depends on what you want....
pen style or box style
internal battery or replaceable battery
single, dual, triple battery mod
vv/vw (variable voltage/wattage)
tc (temp control - you don't have to use it, it's just an option if you like)
are you more of a mtl or dl vaper (mouth to lung or direct lung) you say you want big clouds so something dl would probably be better
do you want drop in coils or rebuildable (you don't have to build your own coils, you can buy premade for cheap and install them)
idc if pen or box style, i'm not worried about ultimate portability or anything. I dont know anything about a lot of what you asked there, and I dont even know how to tell the difference for mtl and dl. I dont want to build my own coils. I have reading to do :)

i DEFINITELY want external/replaceable battery

Last edited:

brad-man

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2019
So Florida
what is an 18650?

It's a battery. If your priority isn't the smallest size possible for your device, it is the "standard" sized battery. It is more cost effective in the long run to use devices with replaceable batteries than devices with built-in batteries that cannot be replaced when they wear out.

samsung-25r-03_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread